Author Topic: Mystery handles  (Read 574 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
Re: Mystery handles
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 09:29:20 PM »
Box shares a lot in design with Waterloo if you ask me.
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline slip knot

• Hunt and peck king
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 09:58:18 PM »
Cranky, your box is in way better shape than what this turd started out as. its pretty rough but it matches the original roller cab I got when I started out. I painted it Ford tractor red from TSC. I'm not sure what the store brand of paint is but that's what got used. And the $15 purple HF gun. thumbsup2
Started with nothing and still have most of it left.

When did the American Dream become an entitlement program?

Offline crankshaftdan II

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 07:39:24 AM »
Cranky, your box is in way better shape than what this turd started out as. its pretty rough but it matches the original roller cab I got when I started out. I painted it Ford tractor red from TSC. I'm not sure what the store brand of paint is but that's what got used. And the $15 purple HF gun. thumbsup2

Thanks for the info slip knot--this box needs some serious cleaning and has several paint splatters and bumps and nicks as well as the missing lock and broken prop.   I don't have much experience straightening sheet metal, so might work a deal with my autobody bud to flatten out the bumps and than I should be able to sand, prime and paint.   I've had good luck with TSC and Farm & Fleet implement paint on other small projects in the past.   Just a neat older box from the past so it deserves another chance to hold tools.   It should hold most of my Proto collection as I have most of them in two smaller plastic tool boxes which are very heavy to handle and move.  I think the flying lady logo is very neat and would almost lend itself to be like a vintage hood ornament for a nice older auto!!   This was the first vintage proto box in descent shape-most are rusted or beat to Hell that I find in this area-would be neat to find the lower roller cabinet if one was made? myopinion

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 07:39:24 AM »

Tags: