Author Topic: New project  (Read 23964 times)

Offline mustanggarage

Re: New project
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2017, 12:09:58 PM »
shipping weight was 75 pounds

Offline john k

• Super Hero
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2017, 03:34:01 PM »
Nice project photos.   Where I worked, there was a 55 gallon barrel on end on steel wheels, steel frame under the barrel.   Used it many times to put on bumpers, hitches, and was high enough one could easily get underneath to put in the bolts.  When our tranny jack was down, I showed the young guys how to lower the car on the hoist, down, so the tranny rested on the barrel, take out the last two bolts, and lift the car away.    I am getting there are more modfied Jeeps around than totally stock ones.   That bumper adds just the right beefiness to it. 

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2017, 05:48:31 PM »
looking good and you are hard at it as always
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline mustanggarage

« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2018, 12:45:47 PM »
I thought I would give a couple updates on the old joopacabra.  I got the decals installed.

Offline goodfellow

• RestroLibrarian
  • Knows nut from bolt
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2018, 12:48:45 PM »
Looks great!! Congrats on finishing the project -

Offline mustanggarage

« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2018, 01:58:38 PM »
Looks great!! Congrats on finishing the project -

:D  this is a jeep.  you know they are never finished right lol.  I just am having trouble uploading pictures. here.  here are some pictures of a top bow I made to keep the bikini top from turning into a bird bath that empties on me every time it rains. 

the white bow is the prototype.  once I found it worked as I had hoped I modified it and painted it to make it look nicer.  it worked very well and did everything I hoped it would.

for some reason I can't attach more than one picture at a time  this is what it looks like in place

Offline mustanggarage

« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2018, 02:00:08 PM »
here it is with the top off

Offline mustanggarage

« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2018, 02:03:01 PM »
I have also installed my twin arb air compressor and 1 gallon tank for on board air.  I bought a dana 44 rear axle and I am gathering all the parts to swap it in, I am going to regear to 4.11 and add front and rear arb air lockers.  and just a little teaser here is another project I have been working on.

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2018, 05:19:33 PM »
Darn, took me a minute to realize its a model lolx

Looks great and has the desired effect.

So you plan on doing some rock climbing and such?
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline mustanggarage

« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2018, 06:35:48 PM »
that is my new 1:10 radio controlled vehicle I built.  I had to have trigger finger surgery on both hands over christmas so I decided to build something small. they do not sell a complete kit so I had to find all the parts separately and build it and detail it with minimal instructions.  here are some more pictures.  as far as the big jeep, I want to be able to do some rock crawling.  hopefully I will get the opportunity.  soon. I plan on moving back to Utah when I retire.  maybe I will just keep building it until then  who knows.

just like all my projects I do it because I like building stuff, not because I need it.

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2018, 06:35:48 PM »