Author Topic: Turning a 'sow's ear into a silk purse' -- the Earl Scheib way! Updated 10-9  (Read 871 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
That has always been the plan for my old C-10 Ray. I would love the red or orange and white but sadly it will be pea green and white in exactly the way that the red and white one is sporting its colors.

Ya, paint your truck just like that old Cheyanne, it will look great! I am onboard with it since you can now paint the back of cab and front of bed.  beerdude
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
In looking at the pictures of your truck Ray it appears that determining where to use the white and red is very easy to see based on the creases and lines along the sides of the truck! To me the truck appears a natural candidate to two tone as you indicated. I think the truck will look stunning if you paint it that way.

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline goodfellow

• RestroLibrarian
  • Knows nut from bolt
That has always been the plan for my old C-10 Ray. I would love the red or orange and white but sadly it will be pea green and white in exactly the way that the red and white one is sporting its colors.

Ya, paint your truck just like that old Cheyanne, it will look great! I am onboard with it since you can now paint the back of cab and front of bed.  beerdude

What color would you paint the roof -- white? or make it red. I've seen both on C10 and K10s

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt

What color would you paint the roof -- white? or make it red. I've seen both on C10 and K10s

Ya, I have seen them both ways too but personally I always preferred the white cab, then band of red then white down the middle then red on the bottom. But honestly, which ever way you choose to go will look great.

Offline brslk

• Can use hammer
  • Lackey and general stooge.
I'd go with the white cab Ray.  But it will look good either way.  That sucks about the box though.  I'd be tempted to build a cedar box liner and call it good.
I'm just a guy in a garage with some tools...

Bruce.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
I'd go with the white cab Ray.  But it will look good either way.  That sucks about the box though.  I'd be tempted to build a cedar box liner and call it good.

No way, Ray will easily save that bed. It just means a little more time and work than he wanted to invest but he will make it work. The bed has far too much good left to ditch because of the bad. Even if his patches look rough, and they might, it will function perfectly well and look great in the final windup. Rust gone, patches installed and job done.

Offline brslk

• Can use hammer
  • Lackey and general stooge.

No way, Ray will easily save that bed. It just means a little more time and work than he wanted to invest but he will make it work. The bed has far too much good left to ditch because of the bad. Even if his patches look rough, and they might, it will function perfectly well and look great in the final windup. Rust gone, patches installed and job done.

I agree.  I know Ray doesn't half ass things.  I didn't mean I'd scrap the box.  I just said I'd ditch the plastic box liner and build a cedar one.  I had one in my Ranger for ten years and the box looked like new when I sold it.
I'm just a guy in a garage with some tools...

Bruce.

Offline john k

• Super Hero
I like that color scheme, but not sure  how it will fly on such a small truck.   Every Mazda seen, has been one solid color, mine included,,,all red may be best

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
I like that color scheme, but not sure  how it will fly on such a small truck.   Every Mazda seen, has been one solid color, mine included,,,all red may be best

If he does it I think you will be surprised at how well a two tone paint job looks on a smaller truck.

Offline john k

• Super Hero
Blue isn't too bad either.

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
Ray's Earl Scheib = semi frame off resto lolx

Ray, you couldn't do it half assed if you wanted to lolx

That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

The Garage Gazette

Tags: