Author Topic: my new toy.  (Read 12803 times)

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
Re: my new toy.
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2017, 08:29:02 AM »
so, I am thinking this car no longer really qualifies for the grocery getter daily driver section.   sctatcherhead

Yes, we follow the rules around here to a tee.  All threads are posted in the correct sub forum or else :D :D :D

Pretty impressive results.  Glad you are pleased.
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2017, 01:29:51 PM »
so, I am thinking this car no longer really qualifies for the grocery getter daily driver section.   sctatcherhead

Don't let a little thing like burning rubber from the end of your driveway to the grocery store, then doing the same on the return trip stop you from calling it yer lil grocery getter. It still gets you to the store and back right? Even if it does so under a dense cloud of burned rubber!  drivex
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline mustanggarage

« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2017, 02:30:22 PM »

Don't let a little thing like burning rubber from the end of your driveway to the grocery store, then doing the same on the return trip stop you from calling it yer lil grocery getter. It still gets you to the store and back right? Even if it does so under a dense cloud of burned rubber!  drivex

ah so true.  I did take it to the store yesterday, and drove it to work today.  so maybe it does still qualify.  although I am finding I have to fill the tank more often than I used to.

Offline mustanggarage

« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2017, 02:40:30 PM »

Yes, we follow the rules around here to a tee.  All threads are posted in the correct sub forum or else :D :D :D

Pretty impressive results.  Glad you are pleased.

thanks.  it is a fun little car that gets a lot of looks going down the road.  it is no show car.  but that is partly why it is fun.  I can have fun with it and not worry if it gets a rock chip or something

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2017, 03:50:44 PM »
^^^^^^^And that is why I would never want a near perfect car.  I don't want to sweat a nick or chip. 
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline mustanggarage

« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2017, 11:45:41 PM »
well, I already have a show car, and a nice looking cruiser car, so this is my decent looking hotrod car.  different car, different purpose I guess.  btw, I went to walmart after work and got groceries so there you have it lol. beerdude

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2017, 09:46:34 AM »
well, I already have a show car, and a nice looking cruiser car, so this is my decent looking hotrod car.  different car, different purpose I guess.  btw, I went to walmart after work and got groceries so there you have it lol. beerdude

But did you burn rubber on the way home?  ;)
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline mustanggarage

« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2017, 05:13:58 PM »
well, yeah just a little onflame

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2017, 05:13:58 PM »

Tags: