Author Topic: I'm bashing GG.  (Read 9838 times)

Offline rusty

• Bottlewasher
  • Administrator
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
  • Grumpiest Hippie
Re: I'm bashing GG.
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »
I wish I could find a way to block certain sections from going out on tapatalk.
Tool do job = Good tool
When the media is owned by those who believe they have the right to choose leaders, and also believe that only the rich have the right to make decisions, the media ceases to be an objective reporting tool, and becomes an instrument of criminal conspiracy.
Rusty's Forum

The Box said it needed windows XP or better, so I installed Linux

Offline Harbor Freight Shill

• idiot HF lover
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 02:50:21 PM »
We should do less bashing and rants on here and have more raids on Ryans sites. We can say all we want on here and its meaningless. Now if we post annoying stuff on his forums it lets him know we don't like his actions and gets better results(or at least keeps mods and ryan busy and/or pissed off...)

I feel there could be members/potential members that feel this type of statement/behavior is childish and immature and could drive them away or keep them from joining up here. If the only people you want posting here are people that hate GJ that's fine, but I would assume it would severely limit the sites growth since a lot of people wouldn't want to be associated with or associate with a site that condones such behavior.

It seems a few of the original members are religious and the Golden Rule is "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself." Do you want a bunch of knuckleheads coming here raiding this site and posting nonsense? Do the mods and admins here want to be kept busy and/or pissed off from deleting annoying stuff from this forum? If the answer is no why would you allow  that type of behavior to originate from here?

Dwelling on negativity is also keeping members from adding quality content to the site which one would assume is why the site was created. If disgruntled members/ex-members want to get back at ryan how about doing it in a positive way like adding so much quality content here it becomes the Go To Garage site?

Offline GeorgiaHybrid

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »
I wish I could find a way to block certain sections from going out on tapatalk.

Move the bash and bang to the humor forum..... :))

Offline rusty

• Bottlewasher
  • Administrator
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
  • Grumpiest Hippie
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 03:17:03 PM »
Actually that's kind of what I categorize a lot of it as. Of course I have a real strange sense of humor.

I'm still trying to figure out where the glitch is in that section. It may take another re-installation to get it working.
Tool do job = Good tool
When the media is owned by those who believe they have the right to choose leaders, and also believe that only the rich have the right to make decisions, the media ceases to be an objective reporting tool, and becomes an instrument of criminal conspiracy.
Rusty's Forum

The Box said it needed windows XP or better, so I installed Linux

Offline XaqNautilus

I'm bashing GG.
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 04:35:18 PM »
Is there anyway that certain forums are checked by default for newbs/guests?  That would be another good solution for this so the unread posts list would ignore B&B.

What about the Intro forum? A lot of members start off by introducing themselves as having been banned from GJ or worse; a straight up Ryan/GJ bash. The Intro forum can't be hidden/ignored because it's great for everyone to see and participate in the warm welcomes. Maybe some heavy moderation or a more creative solution would be better solution.

Offline flashpuppy

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • The Dirty Hillbilly
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 05:25:23 PM »
In all seriousness, what's the big advantage with tapatalk?  I used it for a while and then stopped.  Both on my tablet and phone.  I'm not a fan of it and am wondering what you guys feel the real "pro's" are?
"Just them good ole boys, never meaning no harm."

Offline Wantedabiggergarage

• Hunt and peck king
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 05:25:37 PM »
Actually that's kind of what I categorize a lot of it as. Of course I have a real strange sense of humor.

I'm still trying to figure out where the glitch is in that section. It may take another re-installation to get it working.

If you reinstall, you won't know where the glitch was, so you could repeat it on Tapatalk. :POKIE:
Well, I guess a rule disallows, my use of a Dennis Leary song as my signature, LOL.

Offline XaqNautilus

I'm bashing GG.
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »
In all seriousness, what's the big advantage with tapatalk?  I used it for a while and then stopped.  Both on my tablet and phone.  I'm not a fan of it and am wondering what you guys feel the real "pro's" are?
I like it because I don't have to zoom at all and the controls are standardized across multiple forums. In the space of 5 minutes I can easily check 5+ forums.  Also images can't margin-pooch a thread.

Tapatalk, while not perfect, offers a far superior way to use multiple forums on smartphones in a timely fashion.

If you aren't on multiple forums I can see how you wouldn't see a need for Tapatalk.

Offline Rixter58

I'm bashing GG.
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 06:19:18 PM »
I can only speak for myself, but for me, the ease of posting pictures is a huge plus. Try as I might, I never could figure out posting pics from my phone before Tapatalk.

Offline flashpuppy

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • The Dirty Hillbilly
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 07:26:51 PM »
What phone do you have Rixter?  I had a Droid2 and am now on a Samsung Stratosphere.  For me it's as simple as jumping to photobucket and clicking on the photo's link, double hitting home to open the browser, and paste the image code in the post.  I'm really not trying to be argumentative, just curious.
"Just them good ole boys, never meaning no harm."

Offline Rixter58

I'm bashing GG.
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 08:06:47 PM »
IPhone 3. No worries about me thinking you are argumentative. I am what my kids call a "technotard" and rightfully so. To post pics, I hit a photo icon at the bottom of the screen, the phone asked if if want one from file or the camera, then either choose one or take one. It then give me 3 sizing options of which I always choose "best size" hit post and I'm done.

Offline Steve

• Garage Bulletin
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 09:01:19 PM »
I use Safari on my iPhone to browse forums. The only advantage to Tapatalk is that it allows photos to be directly uploaded.

Offline american lockpicker

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 09:32:02 PM »
So where can I get tapatalk for free at? Will it work with out being logged in?

Offline XaqNautilus

I'm bashing GG.
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2012, 02:14:25 AM »
So where can I get tapatalk for free at? Will it work with out being logged in?
Doubt you can get it free. I think I paid $3.99.

You can view forums as a guest, too.

Offline plinker

• certified smart a$$
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »
I must be old fashioned, I use a desktop computer for browsing the internet.   th-spit 

On dail up even.

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »

Tags: