Author Topic: Read this GJ thread before the moderators get to it!!  (Read 9510 times)

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
  • Knows what a screwdriver is

Offline Steve

• Garage Bulletin
Re: Read this GJ thread before the moderators get to it!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 08:18:54 PM »
The guy is a jerk, and I think there will be a couple of people getting one week suspensions.

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:27:01 PM »
frazdom:
Listen you prick, you did NOT say "4 point"

PinkLink:
Hey Dipshit... no one directed you to a 12 point socket. 8 point sockets are made for turning 4 point nuts and bolts. Why don't you cry about it? On second thought... why don't you kindly no-no off and find your own tools from now on?

If you're too stupid or lazy to find what you need using Google don't come asking us for help and then be a dick about it.

Outlawmws:
Maybe if you had said "4 point" to begin with you would have a gripe, but you didn't; you specified "Sqare nut" (Your spelling not mine) and only proscribed 12 point. 

You never specified 4 point nor did you ever eliminate 8 point until you ranted at everyone.  It's called clear communications and in this case you failed miserably; then unloaded on people honestly trying to help. 

So either you can apologize to everyone you spat at, or we can write you off as an ill mannered troll.  You got lots of appropriate answers in spite of your rude behavior, and no one called a single name until you unjustifiably began to rant, a rant that seems to be continuing.

Maybe you should read your own writing before acting so smug and snotty.

:D

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:50:00 PM by Merkava_4 »

Offline Mad Max 44Mag

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »
 sctatcherhead  what a complete moron  lolx
i miss bluedog  :(

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 08:53:31 PM »
Good thing I copied those posts because Ryan went in there and deleted them shortly after.  grinx

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »
Now I'm wishing I copied the whole entire thread before he went in there and cleaned it up.  grinx

Offline toolmaker1

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 10:18:41 PM »
Now I'm wishing I copied the whole entire thread before he went in there and cleaned it up.  grinx

Oh man you didn't get my post calling him a douchebag. That one got me a "7 point" infraction what ever the hell that is. That place just pisses me off more every day. There is nothing I can't stand more than trying to explain something to some self absorbed idiot with an attitude problem. I really had to restrain myself from just spouting off my opinion of ryan. Yes it's his show but man that place  is poorly managed. (no disrespect to our resident Bull, he seems like a real stand up guy and had nothing to do with this)

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 10:35:40 PM »

Oh man you didn't get my post calling him a douchebag. That one got me a "7 point" infraction what ever the hell that is.

You got a 7 point infraction and I got banned immediately for starting this very thread. I didn't know it, but he was monitoring me the whole time; waiting for me to slip up. I didn't know it, but he knew what my GJ account was the whole time. I made it plainly obvious though; "el tanque prohibido."  lolx

Offline blue dog

• Super Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 11:02:56 PM »
 Dear Ryan, if you are monitoring this site, please take note on how things should be done, And tell all the hacks on the hamb to sit and spin while you are at it. According those asshats, it is unacceptable to put a 4bt cummins in a ratrod, and jump up and down screaming bloody murder over it. Your members can kiss me where the sun don't shine, and suck up my diesel exhaust.

Sorry, I had to edit a line out if this. PM me for explanation if needed OK.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:59:56 PM by Uncle Buck »
What's the point of being STUPID, if you don't show it ????

Offline scooby074

• Super Hero
  • I am the Stig
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 11:41:16 PM »
El Tanque.. Perhaps the best nic ever beerdude

Thats hilarious.... He gotta be SOOOO f'n pissed you got away with it right under his nose for so long... lolx
ambitious but rubbish

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 11:45:05 PM »
471 Posts.  th-bounce

Offline Elroy

• "Moron"
  • Super Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 07:30:07 AM »
The guy is a jerk

Are you referring to Ryan or the pin head who thinks an 8 point socket won't work on square nuts.

There are some real idiots in this world. Elroy is actually glad some of those guys had the balls to call the poster out .
I met Elroy years ago, I was not at all impressed with him, the guy was like a talking potted plant! A real Moron.

Elroy exists in a demented third person world that is void of Bull Shit and lies.

Offline Steve

• Garage Bulletin
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 09:31:18 AM »
The guy is a jerk

Are you referring to Ryan or the pin head who thinks an 8 point socket won't work on square nuts.

There are some real idiots in this world. Elroy is actually glad some of those guys had the balls to call the poster out .

The original poster. He got bent out of shape when 8 point sockets were suggested.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 09:52:15 AM »
The guy is a jerk

Exactly! I saw none of the poo flinging, but I am astonished how much discussion was involved over something as simple as a 3/8" drive  8 point socket for driving a 1/2" square nut! Most of those guys must really be green. One actually said "An 8 pt socket works on square nuts, who knew" That is just rock bottom there, I knew that very young, likely 12-14 years old or so. So amazing it is actually somewhat disturbing.
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline GeorgiaHybrid

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 10:05:43 AM »
The guy is a jerk

Exactly! I saw none of the poo flinging, but I am astonished how much discussion was involved over something as simple as a 3/8" drive  8 point socket for driving a 1/2" square nut! Most of those guys must really be green. One actually said "An 8 pt socket works on square nuts, who knew" That is just rock bottom there, I knew that very young, likely 12-14 years old or so. So amazing it is actually somewhat disturbing.

UB, Here is that guys remark: "So square fasteners on antiquated machinery can't be removed with 8 pt tools, which are made for square fasteners. Who knew?"

I think he is being a LITTLE sarcastic in that remark because he stated 8 pt tools which are MADE FOR SQUARE fasteners. I got a laugh when his remark made it past everyone as I am a sarcastic SOB some of the time and I thought it was a funny response.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 10:21:30 AM »
The guy is a jerk

UB, Here is that guys remark: "So square fasteners on antiquated machinery can't be removed with 8 pt tools, which are made for square fasteners. Who knew?"

I think he is being a LITTLE sarcastic in that remark because he stated 8 pt tools which are MADE FOR SQUARE fasteners. I got a laugh when his remark made it past everyone as I am a sarcastic SOB some of the time and I thought it was a funny response.

I guess I somehow missed where he was coming from, nevertheless I remain astonishished there would be so much discussion over using an 8pt socket on a square nut. As I said before, some of those boys must either be quite inexperienced, or really green, all about the same difference really.

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline GeorgiaHybrid

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 10:35:40 AM »
They are a little green but then again, we have some over here also. They just seem to have a BIG percentage of them. About the only thing I learned from there in the past year or so was that Duralast ratchets are just as good as Snap-on so I have been buying a buunch of them to polish up and put in the drawer.

Online skfarmer

• Chickin killin dawg with more bark than bite
  • Global Moderator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • Cow crap kicker
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 10:38:59 AM »
of course that same discussion is always brought up about the scourge of modern tools. the notoriously horrible 12 pt socket, the most evil player in the tool world. needed one to remove a u-joint out in the field the other day. had to go home and get one of thoes evil devices.  >:(
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

Offline GeorgiaHybrid

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 01:27:21 PM »
SK,

Try getting the driveshaft out the F-150 in the garage right now without one. Broke down and bought the 12 point impact swivel fom Snap-on to make them  easier:

Hope to get this one back together early next week.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 01:49:10 PM by GeorgiaHybrid »

Offline Altec

• Super Hero
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 05:07:25 PM »
SK,

Try getting the driveshaft out the F-150 in the garage right now without one. Broke down and bought the 12 point impact swivel fom Snap-on to make them  easier:

Haha, I have a 12pt 3/8dr just for that job. I use it with a 1/2fx3/8m adapter on a Timax... It is the loctite from hell, I tells ya!

8pt works for me, although those fancy 4pt internal/external socket sets are nice. I was working on a 4.7 once and needed one. I ended up finding a tap that the square end fit "close enough" and used locking pliers around the body of the tap to use it as a ghetto wrench setup...  lolx Worked!
"Play stupid games, you get stupid prizes."JJ

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 05:26:27 PM »
I think you have to have 6 pt 8 pt and 12 pt sockets myself. I had 12 pt before anything else than added the rest through the years. I cannot fathom being without 12 pointsockets though, if I could choose but one set it would be 12 pointers.

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • Cow crap kicker
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »
SK,

i was being sarcastic. :))

Offline GeorgiaHybrid

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 07:40:53 PM »
i was being sarcastic. :))

I know but some of the folks on THIS board still think 12 point sockets are the spawn of the devil. They get confused when you point out all of those 12 point wrenches in their boxes....

Offline Rixter58

Read this GJ thread before the moderators get to it!!
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 08:44:02 PM »
I can't get my mind around the fact that there could be that much to discuss about 8 point sockets. I know everybody has to start somewhere, but really?

Offline Elroy

• "Moron"
  • Super Hero
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 08:49:33 PM »
Personally I think the guy should use some visegrips.  myopinion
Elroy agrees that visegrips would be fully appropriate for a dumb ass who refuses to consider an 8 point socket appropriate for a square nut.

Obviously the guy's a genius
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:54:26 PM by Elroy »
I met Elroy years ago, I was not at all impressed with him, the guy was like a talking potted plant! A real Moron.

Elroy exists in a demented third person world that is void of Bull Shit and lies.

Offline Wantedabiggergarage

• Hunt and peck king
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 12:05:48 AM »
I think you have to have 6 pt 8 pt and 12 pt sockets myself. I had 12 pt before anything else than added the rest through the years. I cannot fathom being without 12 pointsockets though, if I could choose but one set it would be 12 pointers.

I am somewhere between you and Merk. (If I am remembering his setup correctly, 12 point SAE and 6 point metric)

I started out with 12 point SAE and some 6 pointers (a few deep), but no good metric. (mainly wrenches)  When I went to work down at the garage, Al told me if he were starting today he would start with six point.  I listened and Sears had a special on one of there all 6 point sets (including 6 point wrenches) for $99.  I added some chrome 12 point metric as specials arose (thankfully before the need, except for the 12 point impact for the Ford driveshafts).  If I would have had the money and known, I think I would skip the Chrome 12 point metric (SAE can be had all the time at estate and garage sales) and go with the impact 12 point sockets. (personal preference, experience with some rusty drive lines)

Like Merk, I agree this makes the two easily differentiating if your toolbox rolls around (cheap socket rails before I found the plastic ones).
Well, I guess a rule disallows, my use of a Dennis Leary song as my signature, LOL.

Offline american lockpicker

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 12:38:14 AM »
471 Posts.  th-bounce

That is epic. I did like 2 or 3 posts and got away with it. I thought my IP was coming from europe so I pretended to be British...  ;D

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 12:45:00 AM »
That is epic. I did like 2 or 3 posts and got away with it. I thought my IP was coming from europe so I pretended to be British...  ;D

I'm thinking my next username of there will be "8 Point Socket."  grinx

Or "el ocho prohibido."  :D

Offline strik9

• semi reformed turd polisher
  • Can use hammer
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 12:55:46 AM »
El dado de ocho puntos
El tubo de ocho puntos

Either would be correct

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 12:57:25 AM »
"socket de ocho puntas prohibido." LMAO!!  :D

Offline scooby074

• Super Hero
  • I am the Stig
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2012, 05:21:27 AM »
ambitious but rubbish

Offline G_P

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 02:14:45 PM »

Oh man you didn't get my post calling him a douchebag. That one got me a "7 point" infraction what ever the hell that is. That place just pisses me off more every day.

Ryan HATES the word "douchebag"  You can call people assholes and everything else and he will just delete your post and post a warning to tone it down but say douchebag just once and you will be banned from posting due to the "7 point infraction" th-bounce

Offline krusty the clown

• hell mann
  • former beer drinker and hell raiser
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »

Ryan HATES the word "douchebag"

must hit a nerve.........i bet he's been called that a lot coffeex

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 06:12:59 PM »

Oh man you didn't get my post calling him a douchebag. That one got me a "7 point" infraction what ever the hell that is. That place just pisses me off more every day.

Ryan HATES the word "douchebag"  You can call people assholes and everything else and he will just delete your post and post a warning to tone it down but say douchebag just once and you will be banned from posting due to the "7 point infraction" th-bounce

If only that was a word I used...

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • Cow crap kicker
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2012, 10:33:25 AM »
^^^^^  this thread makes me laugh! ^^^^^

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 02:55:13 PM »
Make your new username Not_Merkava_4 the mods will never catch on.  grinx

Offline Gtamazing

• Cooler than the other side of the pillow
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 05:33:06 PM »
:)) :)) :))

Offline Slipknot

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 04:06:58 AM »
      :) hell yeah

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 04:06:58 AM »

Tags: