Author Topic: Pretty boring over at GJ  (Read 6511 times)

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
Pretty boring over at GJ
« on: May 18, 2012, 11:21:26 PM »
Not much of anything interesting in the tool section today.  headscratch

Offline GeorgiaHybrid

Re: Pretty boring over at GJ
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 08:37:49 AM »
Merk,

Why don't you give it a rest? Everyone is busting the new guys for bitching about GJ and you seem to make most of your posts about it but everyone is afraid to call you on it. YOU knew when warned over there that you would be banned and YOU then caused the ban. You keep blaming everyone but yourself about it. I still go there and post and can get into a civil arguement with a poster and never have gotten a warning. Every site on the net will have rules you can't cross. Some will be more invasive than others but it is THEIR site.

If you want to create a site that you control, go for it. If you want to join GJ, go for it but quit acting like a spoiled 3 year old child that doesn't get its way and cries and throws a fit until someone listens. Grow up, man up and start posting content on here that people will be willing to read and learn from.

Offline XaqNautilus

Pretty boring over at GJ
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 11:10:42 AM »
Frist.

Offline BigBossman

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 11:43:15 AM »
Someone got a spanking.............

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 04:19:05 PM »
GeorgiaHybrid,

This is the Bash & Bang section. We're supposed to be able to bitch about GJ
all we want in this section. I suggest you put this section on your ignore list.

Offline davesnothere

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 04:24:00 PM »
It is boring over there.
My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns, hun.

Offline GeorgiaHybrid

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 10:06:43 PM »
Merk,

I agree that this is the bash and bang section. It was set up for guys that were banned from GJ to vent for a few days and complain but then quit. Being obsessive and ranting about it for over a year is getting past the "old" stage. That combined with your open planning to cause problems on that site is going overboard. If you want to do things on that site, fine, take it to a PM with your fellow conspirators and leave the GG out of the picture and not in the public eye.

I know guys that were screwed royally in a divorce that were over it in half the time you have been ranting about GJ. Instead of me ignoring this area, how about you taking it to PM’s and leaving the rest of us in the dark about your complaints? I know that I am not alone in my thoughts about this but most people are intimidated talking about to someone with your number of posts on this site.

Your total number of posts doesn’t matter as far as I am concerned if I think you are out of line and I don’t mind speaking up and letting you know. Take it for what it is, and move on. Post up more about your transmission problems, garage, tools, etc. I always looked forward to your insight on new tools that were coming out. In fact I liked most of your postings (nut sack shaving aside) and would enjoy seeing you get back to those.

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 10:14:32 PM »
GeorgiaHybrid,

If I didn't know for a fact that Ryan is peering into this Bash & Bang section, then maybe I wouldn't feel as motivated as I am to post anti-GJ content. He needs to know how F***ed up he is and how F***ed his board policies are.

Offline GeorgiaHybrid

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 10:51:43 PM »
Why does it matter? It's HIS board and HIS policy, not yours. I don't butt into the guy business next door and tell him how to run his company and I damn sure don't want him telling me how to run mine. There are a lot of people that like how his board is run and a lot that don't. They call that life, get over it and move on. Enjoy the freedom that you have here and help make this board a better one than the other site. That comes from posting content that people find interesting on a GARAGE and TOOLS site.

If I wanted to read about "Peyton Place" or "How the World Turns", I would be watching moronic TV shows. I come to this site to read about tools, restoration projects, "how to" posts on metal working, painting, repair, welding, machining and a host of others as well as sharing and BS with the guys on life, guns, girls and politics. Instead of making this a "bitch about GJ" site, how about helping us make this the best garage and tool site on the net?

Offline strik9

• semi reformed turd polisher
  • Can use hammer
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 11:18:24 PM »
GH is making a lot of sense there Merk.   We are here because we like it here better for whatever reasons.

For me it is the lack of negative comments and outright flaming.   Us 'poor boys' can post up our less than perfect not 'Wall-O-Snap-On' stuff and ask the questions about maybe simple stuff we know nothing about.  And we will get good advice as well as alternative options on how to deal with whatever rather than getting called stupid and flamed on.

Why worry about whatever happens on any other site when we are happiest here?   shrugx

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 12:41:40 AM »
GeorgiaHybrid,

I'm thinking you'd have a different perspective if you were ever banned
from GJ for a reason that's so frivolously absurd, it borderlines insane...

Offline jabberwoki

• Doooh missed out
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 01:01:10 AM »
GeorgiaHybrid,

Ok so it was insane let it be and get on with the good things instead of getting eaten up by past bullshit. Mate life is way to short.
There is a very fine line between a hobby and a mental illness.

Does the need justify the want ? Or does the want suffice?

Offline blue dog

• Super Hero
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 02:33:04 AM »
  Good spot for a hijack. Jabber, came across something you just may like. The baby brother to that thing i sent you before.
What's the point of being STUPID, if you don't show it ????

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• ran when parked
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »
GeorgiaHybrid,

How long has it been since you were banned?  At least a year?!  There's nothing you can do about it.  Unless you want to WASTE your time posting dumb crap over there under alias usernames like Lockpicker does.  I'd hope you have better uses for your time.   popcornx

Merk, you're acting like the crazy ex-girlfriend who just can't get over the fact that she was dumped.   billcat

This car is a pile of crap. Noisy, rattly, slow and underpowered and has a reputation for being unreliable. I want one.

Quote from: Toecutter
But we're going to teach him.  You are going back for him.

Offline Joe in PA

• Super Hero
    • Mid-Atlantic Smallies
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 11:11:58 AM »
It is a shithole, inhabited by a bunch of arsewhipes and overseen by an owner & crew that can best be described as a bunch of useless idiots.  Let it go, as it just ain't worth the angst.  coffeex
Saving a small piece of American history one tool at a time

My eBay listings

Offline dawg

• Super Hero
  • dreamin' about a living
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 12:22:50 PM »

. . . Merk, you're acting like the crazy ex-girlfriend who just can't get over the fact that she was dumped.   billcat

Ha-ha-ha, that is funny! Merk isn't quite that crazy though. I have had such "crazy ex-girlfriends" wipe out the side out of my 1972 Ranchero with her bumper because I wouldn't bring her back to Kansas City with me (away from her own home). Man was I LUCKY or what?!
 th-smile
Steve
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:34:48 PM by dawg »

Offline jabberwoki

• Doooh missed out
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 12:32:36 PM »
  Good spot for a hijack. Jabber, came across something you just may like. The baby brother to that thing i sent you before.
Ha found you some mustard to.
There is a very fine line between a hobby and a mental illness.

Does the need justify the want ? Or does the want suffice?

Offline blue dog

• Super Hero
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »
 she needs a bit of love, will let you know the outcome after. i believe she has been sitting in a drawer in the palisades for 50 years.
What's the point of being STUPID, if you don't show it ????

Offline Henery Hawk

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 03:09:11 PM »
Give Merk a break, he only stated it was boring in the tool section. Guess what he is right.  angryguyx

Offline Gtamazing

• Cooler than the other side of the pillow
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 03:44:32 PM »
I enjoy a good "look at this retard thread".  I don't peak into every thread on that board and sometimes miss the good pissing contests.

However some boards will not tolerate bashing of related boards and have strict rules about that. Try staring a thread on Fullsizechevy saying the trucks on GMFullsize are street queen mall crawlers. You will get a warning very fast. 

Offline american lockpicker

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 08:22:08 PM »
  Unless you want to WASTE your time posting dumb crap over there under alias usernames like Lockpicker does. 

I wouldn't say its a waste of time... More like a source of entertainment and laughs.  ;D Also to everyone upset at some things I've posted I'll tone it down in the future.  th-wink

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 09:01:21 PM »
Also to everyone upset at some things I've posted I'll tone it down in the future.  th-wink

Looks like I'm taking the flack for you and everybody else......Geez...... hidex

Offline Big Gus

• Tool Un-polisher
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 11:49:42 PM »
I actually enjoy reading the bash and bang section. I know what's coming when I get here. If I didn't want to see it's content, I wouldn't come here.

Offline brockstar

• "King of Noobs"
  • Super Hero
  • greenhorn schmuck
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 11:53:21 AM »
GeorgiaHybrid,

At least you were given a reason.  I don't think Wilbilt was given a reason and he certainly didn't piss and moan about it.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• ran when parked
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 12:33:15 AM »
Here you go, Merk.  Most of us have been put in timeout at one time or another...

This car is a pile of crap. Noisy, rattly, slow and underpowered and has a reputation for being unreliable. I want one.

Quote from: Toecutter
But we're going to teach him.  You are going back for him.

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 02:37:06 AM »
At least you were given a reason.  I don't think Wilbilt was given a reason and he certainly didn't piss and moan about it.

I wasn't pissing and moaning about anything. All I said was that it's boring over there and
then GeorgiaHybrid backs up with his Peterbilt and dumps a load of bricks all over me.  :eek:

Offline XaqNautilus

Pretty boring over at GJ
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 07:28:32 AM »
Well GH had a point. Merk you have started the top 4 threads and the top 6 of 7 threads in the B&B section. How many threads do you need in one forum talking about the same topic?

Offline GeorgiaHybrid

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 08:09:53 AM »
Merk,

Didn't want to dump a load of brick on you, I was trying to block the road you kept on wanting to drive down. I don't mind (and I don't think most of the other members do either) a newbie complaining about GJ a few times after they come over here. It just got old for someone that complains all of the time about how unfair GJ is to keep going back to that site and then making comments about the threads, the browser, other members, the mods and I wouldn't have been surprised if you had complained about the color scheme they use.

I'm still listed as a mod at one site where the site owner and I were in disagreement over ad's and where they were placed. I felt strongly enough about it that I left that site 18 months ago and have never gone back. Didn't even know they still had me as a mod until a friend mentioned it on another forum a few weeks ago. It was his site, his rules and I abided by his rules and left. I just found another home on that subject and went back to posting.

That's all everyone is trying to tell you Merk, put the GJ behind you and start posting here about projects, cars, garages, tools, equipment and more. Even politics, woman (well, try to show a little restraint), guns, hunting and other subjects that are off limits at a lot of other sites are welcome here so enjoy that freedom, try to put the GJ behind and start posting. ;)

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 08:09:53 AM »

Tags: