Author Topic: Can the mods on the GJ read private messages?  (Read 4680 times)

Offline scooby074

• Super Hero
  • I am the Stig
Re: Can the mods on the GJ read private messages?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »
Trucker's that drive late and know that getting a spot at the next truck stop is about as likely as Mickey providing sanctuary to a family of illegal immigrants.

A monitor.... you owe me a new one!!  :))
ambitious but rubbish

Offline torqueman2002

• Super Hero
  • Have Tools Will Travel. Wire Torqueman. SE MI
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 01:34:42 PM »
I think they can read the I/M's and change them.

Last week I requested and received permission to quote from a post on this forum over there. I wanted to help a member with a rare and delicate tool.

The member here said sure, but cautioned me about mentioning his/her name - as that could get me banned over there.

I followed his/her advise and posted the information into the thread.

Additionally, an I/M was sent where our member's name was referenced including 2 links for additional information. The member over there I/M back thanking me.

What makes me highly suspicious is the I/M quoted my original message; in which 1 link works, the other was re-typed with the characters used in comics for swearing (#*$%) and the link to our GG thread is broken.  angryguyx
I am a Blockhead, Man! http://tinyurl.com/CM-Block-Grinders-Why-the-Fuss

"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher

"Well, I don't wanna be a superman, I just wanna go somewhere, use my hands, and keep it simple. Oh real simple" - Keb' Mo'

Offline rusty

• Bottlewasher
  • Administrator
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
  • Grumpiest Hippie
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 02:03:58 PM »
Any use of Thegaragegazette.com any where on that site gets auto changed to $%^&*((*^$##^ type of returns. Ryan seems to have us set as a censored word. It works the same way as the typing of the fbomb here turn into no-no.

I typed in the fbomb and the software auto changes it into no-no.

It was just my oddball sense of humor that made it work that way. It can be turned into anything the admin wishes.
Tool do job = Good tool
When the media is owned by those who believe they have the right to choose leaders, and also believe that only the rich have the right to make decisions, the media ceases to be an objective reporting tool, and becomes an instrument of criminal conspiracy.
Rusty's Forum

The Box said it needed windows XP or better, so I installed Linux

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 02:03:58 PM »

Tags: