Author Topic: 4th fireworks  (Read 3080 times)

Offline BigBossman

4th fireworks
« on: June 28, 2012, 11:14:10 AM »
I know it will be the 4th and people like fireworks. My problem is a neighbor who thinks the LAW doesnt apply to him and he sets off  BIG rockets that explode . My  question is what should I do about it. It scares my dog which is very sensitive to loud noises and the rockets are a danger to my house (fires)  ...I wonder if I should just go and tell the guy that I plan to call the cops and fire department when I see the first one go off or should I just wait and then call the fire department/cops. I learned the fire department will make people stop when the cops dont seem to want to do their job. I dont want to make an enemy of the neighbor. I wish I could just leave a note on his door and not have to talk directly to him..He seems to be a jerk.

Offline Wantedabiggergarage

• Hunt and peck king
Re: 4th fireworks
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 12:19:56 PM »
Define big?

I am not really a big fan of the fourth.  I understand the dog thing, BTDT.  I understand the fire thing (put one out before in some elephant grass, under a dead tree that stradled that and the house, lucky enough to drive by it as no one was around).  When I was a kid, multiple injuries happened to me on the fourth, from a dog almost biting off my nose (held on by the tiny bit of skin at the bridge), to sitting down at a commercial display on top of falling remenants that were still quite hot (had just stood up to try to see over peoples heads in front of me). (why you don't see the cops, most are told, unless on a call, take cover)
If large enough (for example, 6" mortars or larger), then find out who handles the local licensing and check to see if your neighbor has the proper licensing and insurance filed with them.  This puts him on their radar as someone who uses larger then average stuff.
Otherwise, until the Crime is done, or a threat is made, no action can be taken.
With as dry as this year has been, I expect a LOT more fires around here, from lack of common sense.
Well, I guess a rule disallows, my use of a Dennis Leary song as my signature, LOL.

Offline BigBossman

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »
My neighbor shoots off the biggest rockets he can buy in another state with no controls. I have learned that the fire department MUST respond to any fire calls and can not ignore them like the cops do. If the fire department comes out they will make it very clear to the offender what will happen if they are called out again.All you have to do is call 911 and say "my neighbor is shooting off large rockets and Im afraid he is going to set my house on fire"  THEY WILL RESPOND AND HE WILL STOP.....

Online Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 04:05:45 PM »
BOOM BOOM! Just launched a shell from my Birtha Gun your way Fairlane! LOL  :D
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline Mad Max 44Mag

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 05:17:57 PM »
i launch big fire works i go out of state to get them... also make special 12ga blanks for the ending salute
i miss bluedog  :(

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 06:02:56 PM »
FM, since you don't seem to want to talk with him, and I can understand that, and given how dry it has been in most places, and if you concern is truly fire, I would leave a note saying that you know he has set off large fireworks in the past and that you feel it is dangerous given the dry conditions, that if he chooses to do so this year, that you will call the fire department and police.  I'm assuming you plan on carrying out your threat, so the neighborly thing to do is to warn him.  Be polite.
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline BigBossman

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »
I wish I could put a note on his door and not be seen doing it. There is no need to talk to him directly . It could only bring me problems so why do it.

Offline davesnothere

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »
Mail it to him with no return address. Even usps should be able to get it there by next Wednesday.
My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns, hun.

Offline mcduff

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 10:39:22 PM »
How many other neighbors do you have around ? if there are a few around call fire dept he will never know who called unless you tell someone
When i die i hope my wife doesn't sell my tools for what i told her i paid for them.

Offline Wantedabiggergarage

• Hunt and peck king
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 03:21:09 AM »
My neighbor shoots off the biggest rockets he can buy in another state with no controls.

All states have controls, because at some point, it goes to the federal level. (the sizes I am thinking of)
Three letters, ATF.
Well, I guess a rule disallows, my use of a Dennis Leary song as my signature, LOL.

Offline dawg

• Super Hero
  • dreamin' about a living
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 12:12:38 PM »
Ahhh yes, reminds me of days past when I had a bottle rocket fire fight with a neighbor.  :))

Steve

Offline krusty the clown

• hell mann
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
  • former beer drinker and hell raiser
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 12:28:35 PM »
 sharepopcorn

Online Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 05:57:13 PM »
sharepopcorn

Hey Krusty, I just launches a mess of bottle rockets hauling a bottle of hooch yer way! Have a great 4th man!  beerdude
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 05:57:13 PM »

Tags: