Author Topic: Old wood/metalworking machinery reference/restoration resources.  (Read 6274 times)

Online Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
Vintage Machinery is the site dedicated to all things related to Old Woodworking and metalworking Machines. If you need to research a machine, get parts for old machines, find manuals for old and discontinued machines, or just drool over the great looking machines the folks over there have, this is your site.

www.vintagemachinery.org

READ ABOUT THIS SITE HERE!vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

OWWM.com is now: VintageMachinery.org!

Happy New Year!  With this New Year, we are excited to share with you our new web site address - vintagemachinery.org! 

The first question many will ask is why the change?  As many of you have probably noticed, over the past few months, the OWWM web site has been going through some major changes - and the change this is most evident to most is the expansion of the scope of this web site from only woodworking machinery to also include metalworking machinery as well as antique steam and gas engines.  With these changes, we felt that a new name that better identified the new scope of the site was in order. 

Secondly, there has always been a lot of confusion between the OWWM discussion forums at OWWM.org and this site at OWWM.com - while this may not seem like a big deal to our members who have been here for many years, new members have always had trouble with this and assume that when they register on one OWWM site that they are also registered on the other.  On average, we answer a dozen or so emails a week from frustrated users who cannot understand why they cannot log into one site or the other - and that does not even count the many who I am sure never even bother sending an email and who instead are just so frustrated that they leave.

While we at VintageMachinery.org understand that many in our core group of members don't always embrace change, we do feel that the time is right to make this change.  Please do not think or assume that this is an attempt to break away from OWWM Discussion Forums, of which this site has been associated with since our origin nearly ten years ago.  That is not the case at all - we look forward to many more years of partnering with the OWWM Discussion Forums.  But with the expansion of our scope to other types of vintage machinery, we also plan to strategically partner with other forums in the future in order to expand our content even further.

While our name may be changing, our core mission is not.  As always, we at VintageMachinery.org will continue to strive be your primary source of information on all types of Vintage Machinery!

The VintageMachinery.org web site is devoted to information on the history, restoration and use of vintage woodworking machinery. Compiled through the generous contributions of content by thousands of dedicated members, the Vintage Machinery web site contains information concerning vintage machinery including: •Historical information on every known manufacturer of wood-working and metal-working machinery as well as steam and gas engines in North America in the Manufacturers Index
•Downloadable publications of historical catalogs, manuals and other documents in Publication Reprints
•Photos of vintage machines owned and restored by our members in the Photo Index
•Technical Information on the restoration and use of vintage machinery in the Vintage Machinery Wiki/Knowledge Base
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:48:29 AM by goodfellow »
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline jmh21586

Re: Old wood/metalworking machinery reference/restoration resources.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »
linky no worky.

Offline ietech

• "OLD GUYS RULE"
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 11:48:47 PM »
The link has the N in vintage missing -- if ya add the n it works very well

It is Vitage should be Vintage

Offline skfarmer

• Chickin killin dawg with more bark than bite
  • Global Moderator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • Cow crap kicker
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 11:56:14 PM »
tried to change it but i guees i don't have the authority to change ub's work.  headscratch
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

Online goodfellow

• RestroLibrarian
  • Knows nut from bolt
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 06:50:10 AM »
tried to change it but i guees i don't have the authority to change ub's work.  headscratch

Worked for me Harlan. Not sure why you had trouble -- maybe rusty has an idea about that.

Offline Fins/413

• A Tool whore
  • Global Moderator
  • Knows nut from bolt
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 09:33:33 AM »
Cool site thanks
Eric Corse
1959 Chrysler New Yorker
1982 Ford Econoline
Wright tools
"A car without fins is just another car"

Offline Kenlew

• MachinistChest.com WoodenMachinistchest.com
    • MachinistChest.com
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 09:04:04 AM »
The sister site to vintagemachinery.org is www.owwm.org .  Great source of info on repairing/restoring old machines.
Ken

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 09:04:04 AM »

Tags: