Author Topic: The Ariens 1960's and 1970's Sno-Thro Info Site!  (Read 4124 times)

Offline rusty

• Bottlewasher
  • Administrator
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
  • Grumpiest Hippie
The Ariens 1960's and 1970's Sno-Thro Info Site!
« on: January 23, 2011, 06:46:16 PM »
http://gold.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/Ariens/

If you like old Ariens snowblowers this is a mine of information.
Tool do job = Good tool
When the media is owned by those who believe they have the right to choose leaders, and also believe that only the rich have the right to make decisions, the media ceases to be an objective reporting tool, and becomes an instrument of criminal conspiracy.
Rusty's Forum

The Box said it needed windows XP or better, so I installed Linux

Online Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
Re: The Ariens 1960's and 1970's Sno-Thro Info Site!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:18:43 AM »
I absolutely love this sticky Rusty. This one is making me want to do a teardown and restore on my old Ariens!  thumbsup2
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 06:48:47 PM »
UB, I used my Ariens today and thought of you.  It does work well and hope you are right in that it is a great machine.  I believe mine is a 2004 model.  If you are happy with the performance of your machine and only the motor is tired, repower that sucker and go another 20 years.  Or do like the website dude and buy a used one. 
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline rusty

• Bottlewasher
  • Administrator
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
  • Grumpiest Hippie
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 06:54:12 PM »
Buck you need to do a total restro on it when spring comes. They are great machines.
Tool do job = Good tool
When the media is owned by those who believe they have the right to choose leaders, and also believe that only the rich have the right to make decisions, the media ceases to be an objective reporting tool, and becomes an instrument of criminal conspiracy.
Rusty's Forum

The Box said it needed windows XP or better, so I installed Linux

Online Uncle Buck

• Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »
My Ariens could use a total restoration. It really does not look bad, but I think I would like to refresh it a bit. I am thinking just forget the old engine and do a swap instead. Assuming I swap engines I want to pick up a bit more HP in the process say go to a 6-8hp instead of a 5hp which is what is on it now.

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline eyeboltman

• Ralphs Tool Sanctuary
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 09:47:35 AM »
UB  check the height from the base to center of the out put shaft Some engines on the web if you get on make shure it a snow blower engine most times it 20 $ more but come with the carb cover and may be no air filter .             try to change the puller on a 5 cman belt was 3/8 wide now 12 pulley later I just made on !11 pulley are 7-15 $each I have a few IT you need one .I bent the old one no heat    frustratedx frustratedx     frustratedx thumbsup2
Looking for John Deere tools , all so one Caterpillar (CAT) wrench for my  son .Thanks

Online Uncle Buck

• Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 10:47:11 PM »
UB  check the height from the base to center of the out put shaft Some engines on the web if you get on make shure it a snow blower engine most times it 20 $ more but come with the carb cover and may be no air filter .             try to change the puller on a 5 cman belt was 3/8 wide now 12 pulley later I just made on !11 pulley are 7-15 $each I have a few IT you need one .I bent the old one no heat    frustratedx frustratedx     frustratedx thumbsup2

Actually, the conversion from the stock Ariens Tecumseh 5hp to the HF Honda clone has been well documented by several guys on the web. I read their success stories before I decided to take the plunge and do the same thing myself. I still have not gotten the time to make the swap, but I really anticipate little in the way of challenges.

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 10:47:11 PM »

Tags: