Author Topic: Words of Wisdom  (Read 3845 times)

Offline 1977Impala

• Super Hero
  • Man Child
Re: Words of Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 08:06:53 AM »
Its a warranty for a reason, Craftsman got their money,So its fine to return them, Its not like someone stole em off the truck or out of the back room and tried to warranty em. Quit crying you Nancy ass bitches.
1977 Impala coupe LT1 swap in progress
1999 Buick lesabre limited
2010 Fusion Sport

Offline Frank Elson

• www.lrm.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 01:01:31 PM »
Don't forget that companies who offer warranties are relying on the customer losing the item, or dying or for some other reason not asking for the warranty to happen.
They can't warranty every tool or they'd go bust.
Best Cheers

Frank
    ---------
    I !__[_]|\___
    I ____|"_|"__|/   
     "(o)======(o)"     1997 Range Rover 4.6 HSE

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 04:42:28 PM »
Its a warranty for a reason, Craftsman got their money,So its fine to return them, Its not like someone stole em off the truck or out of the back room and tried to warranty em. Quit crying you Nancy ass bitches.

Wait till you have to start eating warranty in your business.  You will find it costs money and I'm sure you will take care of the legitimate claims but won't want to warranty things that you didn't do even though the customer insists its your fault.  Sears is no different.  If you didn't buy it new, Sears has no obligation to you IMO.  To many people abuse the system and the system gets expensive and will collapse.  Think no further than your rant on people getting 99 weeks of unemployment benefit and you said they were abusing the system (maybe not those exact words).  It all comes down to the entitlement mentality, unemployed folks think they are entitled (and I won't argue they should get help, but how much?), welfare moms think they are entitled to a monthly check, now a cell phone and next internet, Wall Street and the banks think they are entitled to Bail outs cause they are too big to fail, and it goes on and on.  So, if you are going to bitch about entitlements, are you entitled to a warranty on a tool you didn't buy new, especially if you bought a ragged POS  to start with.

Note, Nancy ass bitches comment wasn't needed to bolster your argument.  We can disagree without being disagreeable.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:02:43 AM by fatfillup »
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline 1977Impala

• Super Hero
  • Man Child
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 11:51:47 AM »
Hey, If you don't want to warranty your junk for rust, then change the disclaimer. Till then suck it up, Fact is I'm am sure cman makes a good size profit on tools,if it was a problem with them looseing money, I'm sure the warranty would be changed. fact is they got their money and they know what tools are returned for. so its really a non issue.
1977 Impala coupe LT1 swap in progress
1999 Buick lesabre limited
2010 Fusion Sport

Offline Frank Elson

• www.lrm.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 01:19:35 PM »
"To many people abuse the system and the system gets expensive and will collapse."

actually, if everyone who can legitimately use the system did so then "the system gets expensive and will collapse."

I repeat, companies that offer complete refund or replacement warranty are relying on not having to.
Best Cheers

Frank
    ---------
    I !__[_]|\___
    I ____|"_|"__|/   
     "(o)======(o)"     1997 Range Rover 4.6 HSE

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 01:19:35 PM »

Tags: