Author Topic: Tortillas on the floor and lazy customers  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
Tortillas on the floor and lazy customers
« on: July 29, 2011, 04:36:34 AM »
Every grocery store I've ever been in always has a package of tortillas laying on the floor that slid off the stack. No problem, I pick the package up and neatly place it back on the stack where it came from. Do you think any of the other customers in the store would do that? I also pick up other products off the floor at put them back on the shelves where they belong. Seeing a product lying on the floor when it belongs on the shelf bugs me. The effort it takes to pick up the product is not that much since I have the grocery cart right there to lean on.

Have you ever seen a product sitting on the shelf that doesn't belong there? Just last week I was looking at the jars of pasta sauce on the shelf when sitting right next to them was a package of fresh pasta. Obviously, somebody had the fresh pasta already in their cart when they all of a sudden decided they'd rather have dried pasta -- probably because it was cheaper. Instead of taking the fresh pasta back to the isle it belongs in, the lazy asses leave it on the shelf next to the dried pasta. This wouldn't be so much a problem if it weren't for the fresh pasta needing to be kept REFRIGERATED. :mad:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:55:55 AM by Merkava_4 »

Offline FrankLee

Re: Tortillas on the floor and lazy customers
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 06:33:36 AM »
I pick the package up and neatly place it back on the stack where it came from.

Frankly, that kinda turns my stomach.

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 06:50:04 AM »
Why? confusedx

Offline FrankLee

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 07:17:58 AM »
Germ transfer. Floors, especially in public places, have got to be the nastiest. Traces of whatever was on that floor will eventually be eaten by someone. It should have been thrown out, but I'm sure this happens all the time.

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 07:45:19 AM »
They're sealed in a plastic bag. confusedx

Offline scooterfish

• Bail out Studebaker
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 08:55:04 AM »
Yes I will pick up an item off the floor. If I have an item in my cart I decide I don`t want I will return it to the proper place even if I need to walk across the store.  If I I see a product that could spoil in the wrong place I will call it to an employees attention. The above cuts into the stores profit & comes out of our pocket.
The thing I like about old cars/trucks is the extraordinary lack of plastic.

Offline scottg

• Super Hero
    • Scotts Tool Page
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 11:02:46 AM »
I am so spoiled. Darling girls at the grocery store I would love to call over for any reason! I am sure they'd take a disinfectant wipe to it.
 There is one girl in particular who has blossomed this year. She was always pretty and sweeter'n 7-up, but she didn't hardly think so. This summer she lost some weight and figured out she really does have a great ass and is joyously flirting it around all over the place. I could just eat her up.
   yours Scott

Online skfarmer

• Chickin killin dawg with more bark than bite
  • Global Moderator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • Cow crap kicker
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 12:35:08 PM »
I am so spoiled. Darling girls at the grocery store I would love to call over for any reason! I am sure they'd take a disinfectant wipe to it.
 There is one girl in particular who has blossomed this year. She was always pretty and sweeter'n 7-up, but she didn't hardly think so. This summer she lost some weight and figured out she really does have a great ass and is joyously flirting it around all over the place. I could just eat her up.
   yours Scott

now that is the kind of product i like to see in the grocery store. ;D
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 07:15:50 PM »
Merk, I'm with you!!  If you decide you don't want something, put it back where it belongs.  That is a large part of the problem with this country, people figure its somebody else's problem, so screw it.  I will pick things up and put them back as long as they are in sealed packages.  Common decency isn't anymore common then common sense. 

I shop later in the evenings and often see the store assistant manager tidying up the aisles.  I comment on it being a never ending job and they just roll their eyes in agreement.
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline rusty

• Bottlewasher
  • Administrator
  • Grumpiest Hippie
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 07:22:23 PM »
People actually buy those plastic tortillas?
Tool do job = Good tool
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. Robert A. Heinlein
Rusty's Forum

Online J.A.F.E.

• Alien Wizard Of Odd
  • Global Moderator
  • Can use hammer
  • Location: About 28000 Light Years from the Center of the Galaxy. At the moment.
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 10:16:55 PM »

They go great with pickled eggs.
As alien as it gets.

Whatever he is it is seriously unpleasant.    No moral compass at all, no thoughts, no guilt or obligations beyond personal desires of the moment and no debts recognised if he already has the product.

Live long and 42.

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 10:27:08 PM »

They go great with pickled eggs.

But only the homemade kind.  Slice them thin, a little cheese and taco sauce and the make a great cqueeze-a - dilla! lolx
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline lasteagle83

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »
My pet peeve is the folks who are too dadgum lazy to push the carts forward in the cart returns....you'll see 15 carts overflowing because people are too lazy/afraid/whatever to push them forward and nest them inside each other.  I guess they figure that extra 2 seconds will make their milk spoil or something.
Check your stash of Taiwanese wrenches; looking for a "FLEETWOOD" brand raised panel combo; 1/2".  Sold by Santa Fe Tool and Supply in the mid-late 80's.  Sentimental value!
He who dies with the most tools has the most popular estate sale.

Online strik9

• semi reformed turd polisher
  • Can use hammer
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 10:59:59 PM »
This may seem odd to you Rusty, I eat those prepackaged flour tortillas.  The local handmade ones have way too much grease in them.  I just prefer wheat flour over corn any day with tortillas.

And just to prove I am not normal...there is something in harvest all year round here.  but.....

I cannot eat most veggies anymore and don't like the acidic taste of most tropical fruits.  I can get lemons from the tree in the shop now, there is also a mango and tangerine tree in there.  I give the fruit to the family but won't eat it myself.
Give me stuff with the plastic bag sealed tight and a 3 year expiration date.  At least I won't get indigestion again.

Offline Frederick Flintstone

• Tool Slut
  • Former grand master curmudgeon
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 11:02:41 PM »
I return perishable items if I don’t want them, and pick up what I drop, but everything else is the stores problem. I don’t clean up others junk in a public place. They pay high school dropouts $7.15 an hour to do that stuff.
I like at Aldi you need a quarter to “rent” a cart. Some people are too lazy to take their cart back to get the quarter.
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
― Dr. Seuss

MY TOY    http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-digital-camo-flatfendered-tj-616304/

Offline rusty

• Bottlewasher
  • Administrator
  • Grumpiest Hippie
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 11:18:17 PM »
Fresh Mango's and Tangerines with real lard made tortillas dang I'm getting hungry! Some nice queso de cabra with the mango.
Tool do job = Good tool
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. Robert A. Heinlein
Rusty's Forum

Offline Heiny57

• Hunt and peck king
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 11:22:07 PM »
What pisses me off are the aholes that drag food including perishables to the front of the store and slowly do the Price is Right game with the cashier until they have spent all their money and then tell the cashier they don't want the rest. Then the cashier can't stop doing her job and go put the stuff back so it sits in a basket for probably hours waiting to get returned.

Those WIC cards don't go as far as they used to.     
Wake Up America

If you can't fix it with a hammer, It must be electrical.

Offline eborcim

• Hunt and peck king
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 11:34:32 PM »
the store we frequent keeps the floors clear so this isn't a problem

Offline Wantedabiggergarage

• Hunt and peck king
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 04:47:35 AM »
I had to laugh when I read this.  I went to Best Buy today, which I haven't done in YEARS (horrible store), as I needed (quickly  sadx) either a USB or SDHC card.  In their "sale" section, they had two prices for 8 gb SDHC cards, depending on the speed.  YET they had THREE  cards, of different speeds, ALL mixed together (and no price on the slowest).  I paid almost as much for it as I paid for a 32 gb class 10 SDHC card.
I shouldn't have been in a hurry, but this will decide a project for me.

As for Aldi's, I had to laugh, as I frequently see the quarter hand off, and have heard a comment from someone, that they didn't have a membership card to go in there.  (thought you needed an EBT card or something)
I hear enough horror stories about grocery stores and their customers from a butcher friend, an extended family member, and some from some officers I know.
Well, I guess a rule disallows, my use of a Dennis Leary song as my signature, LOL.

Offline Frederick Flintstone

• Tool Slut
  • Former grand master curmudgeon
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 02:28:42 PM »
My pet peeve is the folks who are too dadgum lazy to push the carts forward in the cart returns....you'll see 15 carts overflowing because people are too lazy/afraid/whatever to push them forward and nest them inside each other.  I guess they figure that extra 2 seconds will make their milk spoil or something.
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
― Dr. Seuss

MY TOY    http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-digital-camo-flatfendered-tj-616304/

Offline lasteagle83

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 10:50:14 PM »
EXACTLY like that.

Or the grocery stores that will have 2 or 3 different size carts, so that even if folks WOULD push them forward, they wouldn't nest.  Kroger, are you listening?
Check your stash of Taiwanese wrenches; looking for a "FLEETWOOD" brand raised panel combo; 1/2".  Sold by Santa Fe Tool and Supply in the mid-late 80's.  Sentimental value!

Offline atlinwi202

• Livin' the Dream
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 11:36:58 PM »
Kudos Merk. If something is out of place, people should stop and take a second to fix it. See trash on ground, put in garbage. See older person loading/unloading something heavy, jump in and help.

thumbsup2Good work, even if it is maybe just your OCD causing you to be a good samaritan...    hornetsx
-Andy

Online J.A.F.E.

• Alien Wizard Of Odd
  • Global Moderator
  • Can use hammer
  • Location: About 28000 Light Years from the Center of the Galaxy. At the moment.
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »
I gotta take a different view on the carts. It's not the customers job to put the carts away.

Think of people not putting carts away as helping create jobs.
As alien as it gets.

Whatever he is it is seriously unpleasant.    No moral compass at all, no thoughts, no guilt or obligations beyond personal desires of the moment and no debts recognised if he already has the product.

Live long and 42.

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 02:15:50 AM »
I do the exact opposite with grocery carts. I pick the trash out of the carts and throw it on the parking lot. I figure that's good job security for the midnight parking lot sweeper. grinx

Offline lasteagle83

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 06:35:56 AM »
I gotta take a different view on the carts. It's not the customers job to put the carts away.

Think of people not putting carts away as helping create jobs.

So, if you take an item off the shelf and decide you don't want it after all, do you just drop it on the floor?  After all, it's not the customer's job to stock the shelves. 

When you finish pumping gas, do you drop the nozzle on the ground?  After all, it's not the customer's job to maintain the equipment.

When you finish making love to your wife, do you kiss her good night?  May as well, everybody else does.   :))

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• ran when parked
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 06:43:24 AM »
It's not my job to pick up stuff off the floor at the grocery store and that sort of thing.  Now if I pick up a perishable item and decide I don't want it, I will either take it back to where I got it, or drop it somewhere else that's refrigerated.  You could spend your whole day in the store picking up stuff and putting it back where it belongs.  I'd like to think I have better ways to spend my time!   lolx
This car is a pile of crap. Noisy, rattly, slow and underpowered and has a reputation for being unreliable. I want one.

We'll see you on the road like we saw the Nightrider!

We remember the Nightrider! And we know who you are, Bronze!

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 07:16:56 AM »
You could spend your whole day in the store picking up stuff and putting it back where it belongs.

I pick it up if it's in an isle I happen to be in. shrugx

You oughtta see the looks I give people when they're standing right NEXT to the product. grinx

PopPop

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 10:17:39 PM »
Always pick it up and yell real loud "Look what I found and its FREE cause it's on the floor!"

Also yell "Wow! I've won the jackpot!" when I check $ from the ATM. Lots of fun.

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 10:20:45 PM »
Always pick it up and yell real loud "Look what I found and its FREE cause it's on the floor!"

Also yell "Wow! I've won the jackpot!" when I check $ from the ATM. Lots of fun.

You are my type of guy!!!

I love messing with strangers.  Some get it and laugh,,,,,,,,,,,,others look at you like you are crazy.  Course they never say anything to the crazy guy.

Online J.A.F.E.

• Alien Wizard Of Odd
  • Global Moderator
  • Can use hammer
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 12:39:25 AM »

When you finish making love to your wife, do you kiss her good night?  May as well, everybody else does.   :))

Depends on how good she did. What other guys do with their wives won't influence me in the least.
As alien as it gets.

Live long and 42.

Offline Stuey

• Alchemist Wizard
    • ToolGuyd Tool Blog
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 02:27:17 AM »
Around here, people are too darn lazy to even take the carts to the cart return. They leave them floating around the parking lot.

And I always seen perishable items on the magazine and candy racks. Sometimes I find myself at checkout with a perishable item I don't want. I give it to the cashier and she passes it to a throwback person.

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 02:27:17 AM »