Author Topic: Why We Can't Get A Good Air Tool Warranty...  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Altec

• Super Hero
  • DILLIGAF
Why We Can't Get A Good Air Tool Warranty...
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:32:02 AM »
I found this ridiculous... At first I thought I misunderstood what he meant, but he confirmed he was looking to find a warranty he can abuse.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119867
"Play stupid games, you get stupid prizes."JJ

Offline goodfellow

• RestroLibrarian
  • Knows nut from bolt
Re: Why We Can't Get A Good Air Tool Warranty...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 08:08:34 AM »
You're right! It's fraud --- plain and simple. Trying to game the system so that he only has to pay for the tools once and then just keeps returning them before the warranty expires -- in a salvage yard environment no less!!

It always amazes me that these people would never think of doing this kind of scam with other appliances; yet they wouldn't think twice about doing it with their tools. It truly shows a lack of character.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:12:33 AM by goodfellow »

Offline strik9

• semi reformed turd polisher
  • Can use hammer
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 08:38:04 AM »
Agreed, his moral compass only points to his wallet.

Offline rusty

• Bottlewasher
  • Administrator
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
  • Grumpiest Hippie
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 09:16:40 AM »
It's likely he breaks and turns in for new every tool he finds in the salvage cars.
Tool do job = Good tool
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. Robert A. Heinlein
Rusty's Forum

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:16:35 AM »
Yeah, I have no use for people who abuse the system just because they can. 
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline Altec

• Super Hero
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 04:08:05 PM »
You're right! It's fraud --- plain and simple. Trying to game the system so that he only has to pay for the tools once and then just keeps returning them before the warranty expires -- in a salvage yard environment no less!!

It always amazes me that these people would never think of doing this kind of scam with other appliances; yet they wouldn't think twice about doing it with their tools. It truly shows a lack of character.

It would seem someone doesn't agree with us GF... I need a dictionary, it seems.  :))

Edit,

There, I can't put it any more clear, then my last post.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:29:25 PM by Altec »
"Play stupid games, you get stupid prizes."JJ

Offline scooby074

• Super Hero
  • I am the Stig
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 12:21:32 AM »
What a scumbag.. And he owns a scrap yard ... No shit...Im shocked... Shocked, I say.

While i think its funny hes screwing Harbor Freight out of principal (and the fact hes buying junk tools for his "business") its obvious he has no morals and this is fraud.

Like was mentioned in the thread, How many times do you think he'd let a guy return a used part 29 days in?
ambitious but rubbish

Offline Clunker

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 12:59:51 PM »
I couldn't take it anymore.  I'm sure I'm going to be banned for that one, but it just pushes my buttons.   myopinion SHF  Oh well I never post there anymore anyway...

You know what sucks? Doing warranty work on flat rate. Because I'm not making any money.

You and all the people who defend your thinking and all the other threads like it are the type of people who buy a Ferrari and then get pissed off at the cost of maintenance.

Or get pissed off at Snap On's prices, yet are the first to jump on the warranty band wagon on a broken yard sale tool because "well, someone already paid for it!!"

And then you get pissed off at Craftsman moving overseas when you think paying for something once entitles you to keep getting the same tool over and over for free.

Those techs don't work for free. Those factory workers don't work for free. I'd be happy to pay for something once with no warranty just so it stops driving the god damn prices up because of other cheap people.

So, if you're going to be a cheap no-no, quit bitching about Snap On's prices or how sad it is Craftsman is going overseas and how they are greedy evil CEOs.

Otherwise, suck it up, use it till it breaks and buy another one. If that's going to kill your bottom line then your business needs more help then saving a few bucks on warranty. Or better yet, make your techs buy them so they take care of it and don't abuse them

Offline rusty

• Bottlewasher
  • Administrator
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
  • Grumpiest Hippie
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 01:37:40 PM »
 approvedx  beerdude beerdude beerdude
Tool do job = Good tool
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. Robert A. Heinlein
Rusty's Forum

Offline strik9

• semi reformed turd polisher
  • Can use hammer
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 02:57:21 PM »
If that does get you banned, we'll find you a corner office with a veiw here.   thumbsup2

Well said.    ;D    beerdude

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »
I don't think that will get you sent to camp.
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »