Author Topic: Extreme Couponer Thieves  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Stuey

• Alchemist Wizard
    • ToolGuyd Tool Blog
Extreme Couponer Thieves
« on: October 20, 2011, 02:31:04 AM »
At the supermarket the other day to pick up a few items. Went to pick up a Sunday paper as we usually find enough coupons to justify the $2.

A woman was taking the coupons from the $2 paper and putting them into a $1 paper. We picked up a $2 paper and I loudly exclaimed that we should check it to make sure noone stole the coupon insert from that paper. We then went to produce area and I saw the woman again. I spoke loudly in her direction, ranting to my wife about extreme coupon thieves.

I told my sister, who's really into coupons although not to extremes, and she said I should have confronted the woman. Maybe, but you never know who's a whacko out there.

Anyways, these people really piss me off.

Offline Merkava_4

• Flavor Enhancer
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
Re: Extreme Couponer Thieves
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 02:41:56 AM »
How about cutting coupons out of free telephone books and then throwing the telephone book away?

That's probably just as bad huh?  grinx

Offline Stuey

• Alchemist Wizard
    • ToolGuyd Tool Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 07:39:35 AM »
How about cutting coupons out of free telephone books and then throwing the telephone book away?

That's probably just as bad huh?  grinx
Do you take the coupons out of other peoples' telephone books when they're not looking? If not, it's nowhere near as bad.

Offline scooby074

• Super Hero
  • I am the Stig
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:49:49 AM »
Guess i dont get the whole coupon thing. Especially the EXTREME couponers. To me its a waste of the cashier's time, slows the line down and pisses off the other "regular" customers in line.

I can count the number of times ive used a coupon on one hand, and those were of the "instore" variety.
ambitious but rubbish

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 11:49:54 AM »
The woman was stealing, plain and simple.  I might have notified the manager and definitely would have said something if I saw her doing it. 

I don't coupon, but my son does and it saves him a lot of money and with a young family, he needs it. 
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline lasteagle83

Check your stash of Taiwanese wrenches; looking for a "FLEETWOOD" brand raised panel combo; 1/2".  Sold by Santa Fe Tool and Supply in the mid-late 80's.  Sentimental value!
He who dies with the most tools has the most popular estate sale.

Offline Stuey

• Alchemist Wizard
    • ToolGuyd Tool Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 01:39:40 PM »
Guess i dont get the whole coupon thing. Especially the EXTREME couponers. To me its a waste of the cashier's time, slows the line down and pisses off the other "regular" customers in line.

I can count the number of times ive used a coupon on one hand, and those were of the "instore" variety.
A couple of dollars here and there can save families a lot of money. Done properly and as intended, it doesn't slow down the line as well and doesn't piss anybody off.

Back in high school I was a supermarket cashier and have quite a few memories of incidents and of people that I would have banned from the store if I were a manager.

Offline Busted_Knuckles

• Super Hero
  • Hope,..May not be warranted at this point.
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 01:44:14 PM »
Wow, and to think I thought I had a hair trigger ! Thanks Stuey, I somehow feel better about my intolerance to certain things !
When birds fly in the right formation, they need only exert half the effort. Even in nature, teamwork results in collective laziness.

Offline Stuey

• Alchemist Wizard
    • ToolGuyd Tool Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 04:05:32 PM »
Wow, and to think I thought I had a hair trigger ! Thanks Stuey, I somehow feel better about my intolerance to certain things !

lol, wait what? I'm so confused.

I fume about a lot of things, but mostly on the inside.

But in this case, the woman was stealing from both the store and other shoppers.

We buy the Sunday paper mainly for the coupons, although my wife reads part of it, and started checking it a while back to ensure there was an insert that week. Now we check to make sure a lowlife so-called extreme couponer didn't steal them.

Offline Altec

• Super Hero
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 10:41:44 PM »
My Sister does the couponing thing. She has friends that are the people who deliver, and pick up unsold papers. She gets the unsold ones before they go to the recycling, gets what she wants, and recycles the leftovers herself.

I always get the HF papers that are in some. Have more 20% coupons then I will ever need...
"Play stupid games, you get stupid prizes."JJ

Offline Busted_Knuckles

• Super Hero
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 10:49:52 PM »

lol, wait what? I'm so confused.

I fume about a lot of things, but mostly on the inside.

But in this case, the woman was stealing from both the store and other shoppers.

We buy the Sunday paper mainly for the coupons, although my wife reads part of it, and started checking it a while back to ensure there was an insert that week. Now we check to make sure a lowlife so-called extreme couponer didn't steal them.

I guess things like the federal government spending 6.85 million a minute that we dont have gets me going, the sale coupons, meh, not so much.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:12:25 PM by Busted_Knuckles »
When birds fly in the right formation, they need only exert half the effort. Even in nature, teamwork results in collective laziness.

Offline scooby074

• Super Hero
  • I am the Stig
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 11:07:05 PM »

A couple of dollars here and there can save families a lot of money. Done properly and as intended, it doesn't slow down the line as well and doesn't piss anybody off.

Back in high school I was a supermarket cashier and have quite a few memories of incidents and of people that I would have banned from the store if I were a manager.

I guess my issue with it is the  :mr:EXTREME :mr: cuponers. Sure a coupon here or there wont slow things down, but like everything there is always somebody who goes overboard.  And theyre the ones that ruin it and piss everybody off.
ambitious but rubbish

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• ran when parked
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 11:36:29 PM »
I always check the Sunday paper...or the paper I buy on Thanksgiving for the Black Friday sales to make sure the ads I'm most interested in are there....or the sports pages, etc.  If you wait until you get home, you're screwed.   th-wtf
This car is a pile of crap. Noisy, rattly, slow and underpowered and has a reputation for being unreliable. I want one.

We'll see you on the road like we saw the Nightrider!

We remember the Nightrider! And we know who you are, Bronze!

Offline Stuey

• Alchemist Wizard
    • ToolGuyd Tool Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 12:11:26 AM »
I guess things like the federal government spending 6.85 million a minute that we dont have gets me going, the sale coupons, meh, not so much.
So as I saw the woman steal the coupons from the paper I was about to pick up I should have been thinking about the state of the US deficit?

Offline Busted_Knuckles

• Super Hero
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 12:28:32 AM »
No Stuey, its good that your getting peeved about people stealing, my point there is that with all the shit going on in the world, the form of theft your worked up about is so benign, I find it comforting that someone else is getting worked up about. I thought I was the only one walking around wanting to cave in some shit stains forehead for being a thief. Except I get worked up about larger crimes, more than stealing coupons, thats all nothing more.

Oh, and worrying about the deficit, not a bad idea, when this house of cards comes down, you wont have a supermarket to shop at to worry about the coupons. For that matter, you wont have access to fuel, or most likely electricity either, so that's your call. It appears that about  90+ if this country is asleep at the wheel, so complete economic collapse is guaranteed at this point. Our .gov spending will eclipse our GDP in about 10 days... if Im not mistaken, that is financial armagedon, for an economy anyway. But hey, Im just a student of the obvious, not much more, take it for what its worth.

Click on the link below, if you have any math skills and can read, this ought to scare the crap out of you.

http://www.kleptocracy.us/visualizations/us_government/budget/2011/

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 12:28:32 AM »