Author Topic: Business as usual for the journal...  (Read 8738 times)

Offline Bull

• Chief Blackhawk
Re: Business as usual for the journal...
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 09:27:09 PM »
Speaking of which, did we loose Bull ? Has he posted over here since the pellet stove? Or maybe because school is in, hes got his hands full. I really dont know how he keeps a job, and moderates over there, not sure where he can find the time.

You nailed it.  I have been a ghost here and there since school started.  I have a full schedule and am teaching a new class that I created.  Lots of work to do at home in the evenings and on weekends to prepare lessons and grade papers.  Then there's the rest of life!

I don't think that Stephen had a problem with it, just Ryan.....Ryan has ZERO people skills and doesn't seem to comprehend that two friends can joke around with each other.

Steve contacted me at the time of that incident.  I would say that it was not just Ryan who had an issue with it at the time, but Steve can speak for himself.

Offline skfarmer

• Chickin killin dawg with more bark than bite
  • Global Moderator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • Cow crap kicker
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 10:15:05 PM »
 i feel a need to speak up here and someone will correct me if i am wrong but this is my opinion.

as most of you know i had an recent problem with a former member of this sight and the journal. the problem was dealt with in a pleasant and prompt fashion by members of the moderating staff at both places. some of us have issues with one place or the other but by and large the majority of us float back and forth freely with no issues. that said, i see no need to air dirty laundry from either place at the top of the page. i consider bull and wrenchr friends and enjoy them at both places. i hope they feel the same towards myself and others here. we all have far more in common than differant.  if you have a bitch with the journal find a differant part of this forum  to bitch there are more appropriate sections. i feel confident that those in charge at the journal feel the same since they locked that thread down. i assume free parking there would be were they would just as soon have it. 

if you agree or disagree feel free to pipe up but i think tomarrow i will lock this thread up  and let it float awy. from then on, post your beef in a differant section. beerdude  :mr: ;)  :-* wavebeer thumbsup2
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

Offline Bull

• Chief Blackhawk
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 10:43:22 PM »
i feel a need to speak up here and someone will correct me if i am wrong but this is my opinion.

as most of you know i had an recent problem with a former member of this sight and the journal. the problem was dealt with in a pleasant and prompt fashion by members of the moderating staff at both places. some of us have issues with one place or the other but by and large the majority of us float back and forth freely with no issues. that said, i see no need to air dirty laundry from either place at the top of the page. i consider bull and wrenchr friends and enjoy them at both places. i hope they feel the same towards myself and others here. we all have far more in common than differant.  if you have a bitch with the journal find a differant part of this forum  to bitch there are more appropriate sections. i feel confident that those in charge at the journal feel the same since they locked that thread down. i assume free parking there would be were they would just as soon have it. 

if you agree or disagree feel free to pipe up but i think tomarrow i will lock this thread up  and let it float awy. from then on, post your beef in a differant section. beerdude  :mr: ;)  :-* wavebeer thumbsup2

I agree, my internet friend  thumbsup2

I left all of that "me vs. thee" and "us vs. them" crap behind a good while ago.  The generous extension of olive branches by a couple of folks on here went a long way.

Some folks will always be dug in like an Alabama tick, though.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • Cow crap kicker
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2011, 11:13:23 PM »
don't get me wrong that sometimes we don't need to unload and let off some steam. i would guess that is what got me in trouble. i actually went to the appropriate place to unload.  just don't it on the front page. don't use evey foul word known to man (hey one or two maybe isn't good but we understand the need for some).

my old wrestling coach always told me. if you get your hat handed to you on the mat. get up, shake hands and walk off the mat. if you have to go out to the hall or out behind the school to be by yourself , yell a couple obscenaties or kick the garbage can that is ok. just don't do it in front of everybody.  go to bash and bang, go to free parking or maybe even just leave it to yourself.  do the appropriate things at the appropriate places.

Offline Bull

• Chief Blackhawk
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2011, 11:43:52 PM »
don't get me wrong that sometimes we don't need to unload and let off some steam.

I guess.  I have never once felt the need to start a thread here about there or there about here.  Not much to vent about.

Offline wrenchr

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 01:08:47 AM »

Yup I have quite a few Friends on both and enjoy being on both. Even when Merkava is trying to badger me......................... :POKIE: stirthepot hornetsx
Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • Cow crap kicker
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 11:16:16 AM »
i am going to close this baby up. 1977 impala, don't be offended. i don't have any issues with you. the other mods or admins here have not disagreed with me so i can't be to far off base.   the rants and raves, bash and bang and politics  areas are wide open for what ever it is you want to talk about.  have a great weekend guys!

Offline rusty

• Bottlewasher
  • Administrator
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
  • Grumpiest Hippie
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 11:20:32 AM »
Locked it was falling and the posts from 31 on kept tossing it up.
Tool do job = Good tool
When the media is owned by those who believe they have the right to choose leaders, and also believe that only the rich have the right to make decisions, the media ceases to be an objective reporting tool, and becomes an instrument of criminal conspiracy.
Rusty's Forum

The Box said it needed windows XP or better, so I installed Linux

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • Cow crap kicker
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2011, 12:04:15 PM »
here it is. open for business. have at it guys. let it be known though. to the best of my knowledge. noone ever pm'd the management about this. we never got the impression that anyone cared and the thread had seemed to have run it's course. rusty and i had discussed it and rusty actually locked it before i had the chance. remember that you are free to communicate with the staff at any time , but noone ever did to the best of my knowledge.

Offline Hiball

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »
I don't think that Stephen had a problem with it, just Ryan.....Ryan has ZERO people skills and doesn't seem to comprehend that two friends can joke around with each other.

I didnt have a problem with being Called a Degenerate, God knows ive been called worse.. LOL I Did have a issue with the Infraction i was given for returning the favor and calling Vance a Degenerate. If i recall i my infraction was Reversed and Vance had to take one on the Chin because he started it.  :P

Steve contacted me at the time of that incident.  I would say that it was not just Ryan who had an issue with it at the time, but Steve can speak for himself.

Yes.. Now that the thread was unlocked i can speak.. LOL.

Offline spidergearsman

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 09:10:50 PM »
http://hidemyass.com/

i BANNED MYSELF AT 8666 POSTS

Offline mustanggarage

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 03:58:32 PM »
I considered getting myself banned over there.  I have no problem with the journal just with some people.  but Mr. holeshots response to my request for help on my jeep seriously ticked me off.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125946

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 05:43:07 PM »
Holeshot is the original "ringmuscle" why that jackass wasn't banned over there long ago is a mystery to me. Of everyone they have ever banned allowing that guy to remain shows a severe lack of judgement on someones part and it is inexcusable!  bannedx
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline Busted_Knuckles

• Super Hero
  • Hope,..May not be warranted at this point.
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 05:45:40 PM »
Holeshot is the original "ringmuscle" why that jackass wasn't banned over there long ago is a mystery to me. Of everyone they have ever banned allowing that guy to remain shows a severe lack of judgement on someones part and it is inexcusable!  bannedx

No clue, but I think there is more to that story that no body knows,...for Id have to agree, something is big time amiss. Maybe he's family, or has dirt, or hacked their server or something....
When birds fly in the right formation, they need only exert half the effort. Even in nature, teamwork results in collective laziness.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »

No clue, but I think there is more to that story that no body knows,...for Id have to agree, something is big time amiss. Maybe he's family, or has dirt, or hacked their server or something....

Just doesn't make sense at all. Like someone has blinders on or is asleep at the wheel or something. He got less than a dozen posts off here before I was delighted to show him the door. I might have even removed some of his posts if not all of them. I seem to recall he did have one fan here at the time though (that amazed me) I have no clue if his fan is still here or not....
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »

Tags: