Author Topic: Business as usual for the journal...  (Read 9345 times)

Offline Bull

• Chief Blackhawk
Re: Business as usual for the journal...
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »
I would have been pissed to have "help" offered to me that way, too, and never in a million years would I do that to someone.

Offline mustanggarage

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2012, 03:15:33 PM »
Like I said I was just blowing off steam.  and don't worry Bull I know their are good people and jerks everywhere.  you are one of the good guys you and I have corresponded before and I think you know I respect you.  and I think I let him know by my response I did not appreciate his "help"  that does not mean all the people over there are bad.  I did not make more of it than I did because I know that most of the people over there are decent folks.   I must admit that since that incident I have not felt like posting over there much.  it did leave a bad taste in my mouth.   but like I said I was ticked off so I took this chance to rant about it.  I feel better now, and in my mind it is over.  Again.  I have no issues with you.

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2012, 04:11:33 PM »
One of the big differences between the two forums is size, and the homogeneous nature of the population here.  Obviously, GJ is the big dog in numbers, and when you have big numbers, you are going to have a more diverse population with widely differing points of view.  Also with big numbers, the anonymity becomes bigger and some folks will spout off on the keyboard what they would never say in person or on a small forum where their buds will call them on the carpet for misspeaking. 

This forum is a smaller community of folks, with a large percentage within 15 year age range (middle age), politically similar, and often rather like minded or at least not too far apart on many subjects.  We tend to be a helpful bunch, don't criticize each others questions, and most times (not all) if we don't have something nice to say, we don't say anything.  We are as a group though, quite quilty of bashing on GJ, Ryan and Holeshot.  We are quite mature, till it comes to GJ.  Several here feel they got burned or mistreated at GJ.  And most feel GJ is not the place it used to be and we dislike that it changed even though change is inevitable.  Hence we have a weakness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that no one really wants to change lolx

Bull, I enjoy your participation here, I think you have gotten some great advice  here and have given some too and have started some great threads.  But while the GJ bashing may ebb and flow, it probably won't go away anymore then GJ will be the place it used to be.
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »
Hmm.  I guess this is my mistake, Buck.  I was sure you were talking about me, because when Jim came over here, I did stick up for him as he was called a faggot and other assorted names. 

I do not correspond with him, nor do I claim to hold him in any sort of high regard.  When he had his operation, there wasn't all this drama surrounding him.  The guy was facing death, and so I tried to cheer him up with a tool drive.  He was thankful and polite and moved by folks' generosity.  We corresponded a bit, and I learned some details about his life.

So, what I am saying is that, after all of that, I am not going to feel too good when people call him a faggot and all sorts of other filthy names because they don't like his internet presence.  Because, I learned about him as a man, and don't see him as some anonymous keyboard puncher that deserves to be shit on.

Now, I just looked at that thread that Mustang linked to.  And yeah, Jim's reply was pretty unfriendly and unpleasant.  No defense from me.

No, there was absolutely one particular other individual that spoke for this guy. That was specifically who was on my mind when I made that comment because he has since been banned from here. Rest assured bull, you were the last guy on my mind when I made that comment.

As far as name calling such as you described there is no justification for. I will stick by my assertion that I do not like that guy and have seen little coming from him that I could find benefit in. As to his illness and what not, I wish him or anyone else no physical harm. I just don't want him around here and was commenting that I really cannot see how he has continued on there so long with him being as baiting and obnoxious as he is. It just struck me that far many better folks have had the door slap their butt than that guy. That is the jest of what I was trying to express.  thumbsup2
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 04:24:54 PM by Uncle Buck »
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline Bull

• Chief Blackhawk
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »
Bull, I enjoy your participation here, I think you have gotten some great advice  here and have given some too and have started some great threads.  But while the GJ bashing may ebb and flow, it probably won't go away anymore then GJ will be the place it used to be.

Clearly, I find the site rewarding enough to stick around and try to blend in.  I freely admit that I get more than I give here.  I am not an expert on anything garage, tool, or project related.  I am an expert hoarder of Blackhawk tool boards, but that counts for little.  But, most of what I can do is to ask questions and share pics of the lame crap that I do.

Hmm.  I guess this is my mistake, Buck.  I was sure you were talking about me, because when Jim came over here, I did stick up for him as he was called a faggot and other assorted names. 

I do not correspond with him, nor do I claim to hold him in any sort of high regard.  When he had his operation, there wasn't all this drama surrounding him.  The guy was facing death, and so I tried to cheer him up with a tool drive.  He was thankful and polite and moved by folks' generosity.  We corresponded a bit, and I learned some details about his life.

So, what I am saying is that, after all of that, I am not going to feel too good when people call him a faggot and all sorts of other filthy names because they don't like his internet presence.  Because, I learned about him as a man, and don't see him as some anonymous keyboard puncher that deserves to be shit on.

Now, I just looked at that thread that Mustang linked to.  And yeah, Jim's reply was pretty unfriendly and unpleasant.  No defense from me.

No, there was absolutely one particular other individual that spoke for this guy. That was specifically who was on my mind when I made that comment because he has since been banned from here. Rest assured bull, you were the last guy on my mind when I made that comment.

As far as name calling such as you described there is no justification for. I will stick by my assertion that I do not like that guy and have seen little coming from him that I could find benefit in. As to his illness and what not, I wish him or anyone else no physical harm. I just don't want him around here and was commenting that I really cannot see how he has continued on there so long with him being as baiting and obnoxious as he is. It just struck me that far many better folks have had the door slap their butt than that guy. That is the jest of what I was trying to express.  thumbsup2

I don't remember that, but I pulled the cord on my chute and left the plane as it was going down in flames, only to return later.  So, whoever the other person was, I missed him.

I guess all sites suffer from this type of thing.  There have been a good two, maybe three or so guys on here that never said a kind word to anyone, but they were allowed to stick around for a while.  I think they are all gone now, but it sure took a while, and I never figured out what they were contributing that was positive.

Oh, and Mustang, I didn't feel attacked by you or anything.  As you said, we've corresponded before, and the positive feelings are mutual.

Offline Snowball_Tucker

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2012, 08:41:08 PM »
I have dealt with bull from the other forum and he was good to me & thats what matters. Some of us are better at things than others.  Im far from the best mechanic in the world. Im decent on carberated  american stuff, but im a work in progress. At least mustang you had courage to ask and thats the only way you learn.

Offline Snowball_Tucker

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2012, 08:59:26 PM »
oh and if any of ya need any info on car/truck/van any make i know a site that has a couple of master mechanics on it & they helped me before. just pm me and ill give ya the info....

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2012, 08:59:26 PM »