Author Topic: Fire safety in your shop or garage  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Brophy

• Stupid Hippie
Re: Fire safety in your shop or garage
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 05:58:10 PM »
I have an extinguisher at each bench in the shop. Mounted on the front of the bench...it kinda sucks to reach over a fire to get an extinguisher.

Also one at the shop's front door. And in each vehicle....jeez, I think I have a problem.  :D

These never move unless there is a fire. I have a milk crate full of small/medium extinguishers that can be taken to work areas...wherever I'm welding, down in the grease pit, etc.

Don't forget to turn your powder type extinguishers upside down and hit them on the bottom with a deadblow to keep the powder loose. The years go by quick and that stuff settles on the bottom.

...Rob
Welcome to Canada...STAY OUT OF THE PASSING LANE!

Offline remake3d

• Remake3D
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 07:23:46 PM »
Behind all of my metal working tools is tin covered walls, I figure at least that is a little less flamable from sparks.  Also I have fire extinguishers where ever I can put them along the walls.  My flamables cabinet is in a corner by itself that is little used around it and no power on that wall.  I am glad for the other tips, luckly I am a block from the fire department so they would get here fast.

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 07:23:46 PM »

Tags: