Author Topic: The new place  (Read 808 times)

Offline brockstar

• "King of Noobs"
  • Super Hero
  • greenhorn schmuck
Re: The new place
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 01:48:23 AM »
Darke county, western edge of the state on the Indiana border. Major attractions include, home of the KitchenAid Stand Mixer, #1 corn producing county in the state, and a huge county fair... Pretty quite area which is what I was wanting.

I took the same approach when I bought a gun safe a couple years ago, cheaper in the long run to go big one time instead of expanding in the future. I also told my wife, if nothing else junior can use the storage area as a indoor play area on rainy days in the future.  lolx lolx
Small world!  I have a friend up that way that runs a diesel performance shop and previously worked for  KitchenAid.  Nice country

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Name of the shop?

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman.
^What he said
Longhorn Fab Shop.  They specialize in Duramax diesels.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• ran when parked
  • Knows what a screwdriver is
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 09:35:29 PM »
My shop is too damn big.....said no dude ever!

:)) :)) :))
This car is a pile of crap. Noisy, rattly, slow and underpowered and has a reputation for being unreliable. I want one.

We'll see you on the road like we saw the Nightrider!

We remember the Nightrider! And we know who you are, Bronze!

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 12:02:02 PM »
My shop is too damn big.....said no dude ever!

I've been thinking my next place will have a one bay shop with no extra space for daily drivers, mowers, tractors, parts cars, trailers, etc.  Just one bay with a lift and tools, 24' wide by 32' deep.  Heated floor, AC, good insulation.  All the clutter could go in a different building with no heat or AC, gravel floor, just lights and minimal tools.  It did not occur to me that the shop could be inside the larger building as Highland has.

Offline highland512

• Member of NOMAAM
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 02:36:06 PM »

I've been thinking my next place will have a one bay shop with no extra space for daily drivers, mowers, tractors, parts cars, trailers, etc.  Just one bay with a lift and tools, 24' wide by 32' deep.  Heated floor, AC, good insulation.  All the clutter could go in a different building with no heat or AC, gravel floor, just lights and minimal tools.  It did not occur to me that the shop could be inside the larger building as Highland has.

Its always cheaper to build once, so build bigger than what you think you will need.

My 10 year plan for this building includes insulation with metal walls and ceiling in the 30' section, better lighting, heat, compressed air system, and maybe even A/C in the work room under the loft. The 60' section will be exclusively used for storing equipment, vehicles, trailers, running and non running projects, and what ever else I feel like putting in there. I hate having a nice property just to have junk sitting outside.
-Matt
"I believe that the best possible social program is a job." -Ronald Regan

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 02:36:06 PM »