Author Topic: old drills  (Read 345 times)

Offline iknowthedrill

old drills
« on: March 18, 2018, 11:45:58 PM »
 sctatcherhead i have three older drill motors from the fifties usually i pay a dollar a piece one works but needs a cord the last one is a wen from the early fifties i think it was dropped because the gear inside is chipped and the chuck is bent slightly  when i plugged it in it didn't work but i figured it is a project if i can get parts . the model is a 950 and wen is still in business if it is the same company. a book would be nice it has hi and low speed and reverse it would be nice if it w3orks.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
Re: old drills
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 09:18:48 AM »
sctatcherhead i have three older drill motors from the fifties usually i pay a dollar a piece one works but needs a cord the last one is a wen from the early fifties i think it was dropped because the gear inside is chipped and the chuck is bent slightly  when i plugged it in it didn't work but i figured it is a project if i can get parts . the model is a 950 and wen is still in business if it is the same company. a book would be nice it has hi and low speed and reverse it would be nice if it w3orks.

Welcome to the site! Nice to have you with us. As for a Wen drill sadly the most I can do is wish you good luck in your quest to fine information, or parts. I suspect finding either might prove challenging. You might end up just having to write that one off as parts, or a loss. Either way, best of luck and thank you for joining!
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Online goodfellow

• RestroLibrarian
  • Knows nut from bolt
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 10:00:03 AM »
Welcome -- Wen is still around, and producing tools, but I doubt even they would still have parts for that model. Never hurts to try -- they do have a replacement parts division and are an e-mail away. I looked at their web site and it seems that these days they are mostly an importer of Asian tools and designs.

Good luck!!

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 10:00:03 AM »