Author Topic: Falcon Ranchero  (Read 586 times)

Offline john k

• Super Hero
Falcon Ranchero
« on: September 26, 2017, 10:01:48 PM »
More than a little modified.   Is tubbed, monster meat on the rear.  Didn't get to hear it run but believe that hood scoop is not for show.    Not a common rod in any way.  Anybody have a Falcon?

Online OldnSlo

• Super Hero
Re: Falcon Ranchero
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 12:36:47 AM »
Back in the day, I had 3 over the years. 61, 63 and 64. Loved that basic white 64 with red interior and monster B60x13's in the rear with the behemoth 170 cid breathing fire fed by the gas gulping 1bbl. Chicks dug the red interior light at night with the red interior. The 61 was the cheapest car I ever bought running. $60 and that puppy got me around for years. No pics, that was before the 110 camera came about.

Offline Rural53

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 04:07:57 AM »
I've never owned a Falcon but had this one a couple of years ago as a rental for a few days.

Anything that converts hydrocarbons to noise is good in my books.  http://www.youtube.com/user/Rural53NZ

Offline pepi

• Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 07:38:14 AM »
The old Faclon coupes were a killer Gasser when built, tall, solid axle, fender well headers. And radius rear wheel wells, for the slicks or meats as you call em .

I was unaware that Ford had a Falcon badged car on the road ....... interesting

Greg
Living in a van, under a bridge, down by the river

Think about it ..........?

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 08:37:17 AM »
I agree that is a unique ride.  Not my cup of tea though.  I was never a fan of Fords of t he 60's. 
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 09:29:59 AM »
I agree that is a unique ride.  Not my cup of tea though.  I was never a fan of Fords of t he 60's.

But Phil! there were a few stand outs! Namely, the Starliner, also in particular the 67 Fairlane! and of course the Mustangs of the 60's were cool too! I have always been a GM guy for the most part but those were some very cool old Fords that I mentioned.

And lets not forget this one either!
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 11:58:54 AM »
Yep UB your are correct.  There are some nice ones and I certainly appreciate any old car that is well done.  Has to be a fastback for me to like a mustang.  I just didn't care for the look of most of the fords back then and even now, some are just ugly IMO.

I was definitely a GM guy and love me some old Mopars.  Would love a Duster with a 340 in it.  Had one come through the used car lot I worked in, 72, 340, column shift bench seat, steel wheels and little hub caps, full exhaust.  Car flat out ran and was quite the plain jane.  Of all the cars that came through, that one impressed me the most. 

Also had a fury come through that was running on 7 cylinders that was impressive.  Thought I was going to go to a demo derby with that one but someone came in the next day or so and bought it.
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline DeadNutz

• Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 02:48:55 PM »
The 1st wife had a 64 Falcon wagon red in color when we got married. It ran pretty darned good with the 289 in it.

Offline BTG

• PRO-KOTE INDY
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 05:19:35 PM »
My first car was a 65 Falcon Ranchero - Baby blue and white with a 289/auto.  Bought it for $300 at an estate auction when I was 13.  Typical Iowa rust, but original.  Ruined me for life as I've never been without a fun ford car or Ford-powdered Hot Rod since.  I sold the Ranchero at 15 and bought a '68 Merc Cougar...but thats another story. 
Ben

"There's only two things that excite a man, expensive toys and real expensive toys."-Red Green

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 05:19:35 PM »

Tags: