Author Topic: Dishwasher repair  (Read 474 times)

Offline brslk

• Can use hammer
  • Lackey and general stooge.
Re: Dishwasher repair
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 07:14:27 PM »
Do you have the p/n for the seal?

I was going to suggest the 'bay - you can find some odd stuff there. Found some NLA parts for my Homelite blower.

Too late now.

There is no part number for the seal as it isn't sold separately anywhere.  If I could find the correct seal I'd buy as many as possible because every appliance place in north America is looking for them too.
I'm just a guy in a garage with some tools...

Bruce.

Offline goodfellow

• RestroLibrarian
  • Knows nut from bolt
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 07:36:18 PM »
Do you have the p/n for the seal?

I was going to suggest the 'bay - you can find some odd stuff there. Found some NLA parts for my Homelite blower.

Too late now.

There is no part number for the seal as it isn't sold separately anywhere.  If I could find the correct seal I'd buy as many as possible because every appliance place in north America is looking for them too.

I'm sorry you had to pay for the entire unit Bruce. It seems manufacturers are trying to keep profits up by requiring the replacement of entire sub-assemblies versus a small commodity priced item that would be readily available and replaceable in older generation models. It's a shame ---

Offline slip knot

• Hunt and peck king
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 09:53:26 PM »
I wonder if its planned obsolescents from the manufacturer or just no-body fixes anything anymore???  Why stock a part no-one calls for. I get crazy looks all the time for asking about parts.

I asked a salesguy at the water softner shop if they could redo the resin in my tank? He said no-one ever asked about that anymore they usually just replace the whole softner. I had it done @10 yrs ago and think it needs it again. he was shocked my crappy old Kenmore softner was still operational.
Started with nothing and still have most of it left.

When did the American Dream become an entitlement program?

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 09:53:26 PM »