Author Topic: Pomona Swap 4/15 Edition  (Read 308 times)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Alien Wizard Of Odd
  • Global Moderator
  • Can use hammer
  • Location: About 28000 Light Years from the Center of the Galaxy. At the moment.
Pomona Swap 4/15 Edition
« on: April 16, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »
Sunday brought another good day at the swap.

Top left a Snap-on and three Blue Point wrenches, top right an Armstrong Armalloy, a Wiulliams Superrench, and three Billings Vitalloy. A Snap-on ignition wrench set but it is missing the largest 3/8 x 7/16 wrench although a Blue Point was substituted for it. A Snap-on stubby screwdriver, a couple screw starters, another Armstrong Armalloy and P&C wrench. The large screw starter has a screw wired to it becuase the vendor runs into so many who have no idea what a screw starter does. 

As alien as it gets.

Whatever he is it is seriously unpleasant.    No moral compass at all, no thoughts, no guilt or obligations beyond personal desires of the moment and no debts recognised if he already has the product.

Live long and 42.

Offline Matt_T

• Team IDIOT
  • Super Hero
Re: Pomona Swap 4/15 Edition
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 11:23:24 PM »
Is the Snap-on stubby Phillips or Pozi?

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Alien Wizard Of Odd
  • Global Moderator
  • Can use hammer
  • Location: About 28000 Light Years from the Center of the Galaxy. At the moment.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 11:41:09 PM »

Phillips. Confusing since at one time all Snap-on red handles were Pozi.
As alien as it gets.

Whatever he is it is seriously unpleasant.    No moral compass at all, no thoughts, no guilt or obligations beyond personal desires of the moment and no debts recognised if he already has the product.

Live long and 42.

Offline bsg

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 01:21:12 AM »
some excellent finds you picked up.  I'm an all-day sucker for an older Snap-on set of just about anything that's in it's original roll.  along with your other nice pickups, I'd be very pleased to find that stubby screwdriver on any day of the week.       

Offline Matt_T

• Team IDIOT
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 02:09:12 AM »

Phillips. Confusing since at one time all Snap-on red handles were Pozi.

Yeah that's why I asked. I didn't realise they made those handles in red except for pozi. What's the part #?

Offline fatfillup

• numbnuts
  • Spins ratchet
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 08:59:30 AM »
Nice finds.  Those Snappy ignition wrenches are pricey little bastids if bought new.

Funny thing about screw starters, I sell almost none but use mine once a month or so.  Go figure.  I would think every tool box should have one in straight and phillips
That scalloped box end is one of the few BB features that doesn't make Elroy puke

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 10:05:44 AM »
Nice finds.  Those Snappy ignition wrenches are pricey little bastids if bought new.

Funny thing about screw starters, I sell almost none but use mine once a month or so.  Go figure.  I would think every tool box should have one in straight and phillips

I have several, but only rarely do I ever remember to use them.
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

Offline bonneyman

• Knows what a screwdriver is
  • A workman is worthy of his wages
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 12:42:41 PM »
Sunday brought another good day at the swap.

Top left a Snap-on and three Blue Point wrenches, top right an Armstrong Armalloy, a Wiulliams Superrench, and three Billings Vitalloy. A Snap-on ignition wrench set but it is missing the largest 3/8 x 7/16 wrench although a Blue Point was substituted for it. A Snap-on stubby screwdriver, a couple screw starters, another Armstrong Armalloy and P&C wrench. The large screw starter has a screw wired to it becuase the vendor runs into so many who have no idea what a screw starter does. 

I'm glad he doesn't sell toilet plungers.  panicx

Nice haul BTW.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Alien Wizard Of Odd
  • Global Moderator
  • Can use hammer
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 02:37:23 PM »

Yeah that's why I asked. I didn't realise they made those handles in red except for pozi. What's the part #?

SSDP22 but oddly no suffix indicating color.
As alien as it gets.

Live long and 42.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Alien Wizard Of Odd
  • Global Moderator
  • Can use hammer
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 03:03:21 PM »

Ullman Devices still makes several variations of the screw starters and I agree every tool box should have one. I hate to admit but the wrenches were less than $20.

I have several, but only rarely do I ever remember to use them.

I still have a car with points so I use one every time I replace the points or condenser.

I'm glad he doesn't sell toilet plungers.  panicx

Nice haul BTW.

I'm glad too.
As alien as it gets.

Live long and 42.

Offline bonneyman

• Knows what a screwdriver is
  • A workman is worthy of his wages
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 04:38:33 PM »

So what's the deal with Pozi again?
IIRC one will work on both but the other wont. Like Pozi will work on standard phillips but phillips won't work on Pozi, or vice versa?  I'm just too lazy to go searching the web.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Alien Wizard Of Odd
  • Global Moderator
  • Can use hammer
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 08:50:28 PM »
Pozidrive was made to not cam out where Phillips was. I think pozi is used a lot in aircraft not really sure but I've never seen it in any of the cars, electronics or house stuff I've worked on. Not sure about pozi working with Phillips or vice versa.
As alien as it gets.

Live long and 42.

Offline Matt_T

• Team IDIOT
  • Super Hero
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 09:05:45 PM »

It's a Phillips part #. Interesting.........

And missing the color suffix is normal. I guess they figure the handle color is enough indication lolx

Offline Matt_T

• Team IDIOT
  • Super Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 09:19:36 PM »

So what's the deal with Pozi again?
IIRC one will work on both but the other wont. Like Pozi will work on standard phillips but phillips won't work on Pozi, or vice versa?  I'm just too lazy to go searching the web.

They're not interchangeable beyond getting by with low torque. Seen a lot of PZ stripped out by people using PH drivers on them. About the only thing I see PZ on is european electrical gear. Can't recall ever seeing it on anything US or asian.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Alien Wizard Of Odd
  • Global Moderator
  • Can use hammer
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 09:55:03 PM »

It's a Phillips part #. Interesting.........

And missing the color suffix is normal. I guess they figure the handle color is enough indication lolx

But how did you order it in red?

I have developed a fondness for stubby drivers for some reason and will use one in place of a standard handle if possible.
As alien as it gets.

Live long and 42.

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 09:55:03 PM »