Author Topic: This is Strange  (Read 801 times)

Offline Muddy

• Knows nut from bolt
  • Wrenching To Keep The American Farmer Growing
Re: This is Strange
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 08:52:51 PM »
Compressed air has a lot of force behind it

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"And on the 8th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "I need a caretaker." So God made a farmer."

Offline TWX

• Hunt and peck king
  • Voids Warranties
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 12:24:27 AM »
I have a hard time believing that it was a tire blowout.  To me it looks like something came in from the front-side, caught the fender right at the joint with the bumper cover and light, ripped across while pushing the fender up and back, tearing the tire and tearing the wheel arch.

Knew a guy that had a Saturn that had a blowout on the freeway, even with plastic fenders the damage was not nearly this severe with a partial tread separation.  The fender was partially destroyed but the wheel arch underneath ironically was still intact.

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 09:09:41 PM »
high heat actually cause the tire to oxidize ( burn ) from the inside out.

Tire Pyrolysis Explosion

Check out this Bridgestone training video

The initial source of heat starts the fire inside the tire-wheel assembly.  Once the fire starts, the initial source of heat is irrelevant. An explosion may occur long after the initial source of heat is removed, because the burning tire causes the pressure rise.

Hard to say what caused the failure shown in the OPs post, but Elroy's theory is certainly possible.

Offline Elroy

• "Moron"
  • Super Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 04:49:19 PM »
Elroy's theory is certainly possible.

Can you believe that it took till 7:22 in the video for that guy to call Elroy a moron.

Who knows what happened in the original post. They call Elroy a moron for good reason.  :))
I met Elroy years ago, I was not at all impressed with him, the guy was like a talking potted plant! A real Moron.

Elroy exists in a demented third person world that is void of Bull Shit and lies.

Online skfarmer

• Chickin killin dawg with more bark than bite
  • Global Moderator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • Cow crap kicker
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 09:01:24 AM »
Elroy's theory is certainly possible.

Can you believe that it took till 7:22 in the video for that guy to call Elroy a moron.

Who knows what happened in the original post. They call Elroy a moron for good reason.  :))
thanks for the insight.

A real moron would get his puter fixed and hang out here more often.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

Offline 58Yeoman

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 08:21:34 PM »
That tire fire could've happened to me. A few years ago, I gave my daughter my Ford Ranger, and I took her Ford Taurus, which I was going to sell. I took it for a ride a mile or two up the road, and the left front caliper froze up. I drove it home and pulled in the driveway, and the whole rotor was red hot and clinking. I just let it sit there. A guy came to buy it, and I told him what had happened, and he took it anyway. I'm surprised that the tire didn't catch fire then.

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 08:21:34 PM »

Tags: