Author Topic: Looks like I am done at Garage Journal . . .  (Read 24136 times)

Offline EVIL Teken

Looks like I am done at Garage Journal . . .
« on: August 19, 2010, 08:05:38 PM »
Long story short and I am sure many of you can relate . . . The site has dropped the ban hammer on a lot of long term GJ members. Some had it coming, others not so much . . .

Today I found out one of my favorite members had the hammer dropped on him. He has always been a stand up guy, brought insight, and always willing to help out the next guy.

I feel I needed to unplug from that site for awhile since I too got a temp ban for speaking up, and holding firm in my position when some no-no nut decided to cry like a little baby.

Regardless, I do believe I shall partake in this venue more so because of the above situation.

Regards

TRUE EVIL . . .   frustratedx

Offline skfarmer

• Chickin killin dawg with more bark than bite
  • Global Moderator
  • Can use hammer
  • Cow crap kicker
Re: Looks like I am done at Garage Journal . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:13:06 PM »
hhmmmm.........no surprise. who got hammered now?  scratchhead
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

Offline skfarmer

• Chickin killin dawg with more bark than bite
  • Global Moderator
  • Can use hammer
  • Cow crap kicker
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:28:36 PM »
hhmmmm.........no surprise. who got hammered now?  scratchhead
im curious also  th-bounce

you didn't get banned again did you? :))
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

Offline wreckercologist

• Court Jester
  • Super Hero
  • location: Apperantly Disney Land 'cause everything here is mickey-mouse
  • Fonzy disciple
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »
 scratchhead  Interesting.......I've been taking a break from GJ too. 

Dish!  Teken!  Lets hear all the juicy gossip. lolx
Looking for Mac Tools "DAT" series angle wrenches, Micro Turn box wrenches, Mac 10mm & 12mm 1/2" drive hex drivers, Proto 3300 series angle wrenches, beef jerky, a bottle of Old Harper's, a comb...........

Offline EVIL Teken

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 08:38:09 PM »
RbrtAWhyt, was banned a few days I believe maybe more . . . I can't really say as I have been away due to work load etc.

Regardless, there are other GJ members who no longer post on the forum which I have personal dealings with.

This has set me back in contacting them for various things etc. As other members have stated above I feel the shift in members, views, and feed back has been restrained way too much than it should.

I also did not agree at all with my temp ban because of some fawk nut cry baby who was the instigator in the whole heated thread!  stirthepot

At the end of the day there are limits to free speach etc. But, some of the limits imposed on that site has taken a whole new level of what can and can't be stated.

Perhaps I require sometime to unplug as well . . . Should anyone come across RbtAWrt please do let him know I am hoping all is well, and that I need to get a hold of him . . .

Offline X1 Mike

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 08:46:17 PM »
Wow that sucks, he seems to be pretty much a stand up guy. I just checked over there and he is banned but I don't know how. I thought he had a facebook page or something at the bottom of his posts but I don't see it now.  sctatcherhead
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline King

• JP Frog Offroaders
    • JP Frog Offroaders
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 09:24:26 PM »
I havent been on there much either, I didnt post alot but I learned a ton from reading what the senior guys had to say and when they all started getting banned I just lost interest and started wondering where everybody was going to.  Needless to say I feel much more welcome over here  beerdude
-Bob

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
- Winston Churchill

Offline Matt_T

• Team IDIOT
  • Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 10:08:14 PM »
Interesting choice of final straw.....................

Agreed the censorship and defending newbie chinese tool aficionados has gotten ridiculous over there.

thefairlaneman

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 10:30:46 PM »
Yea those cry baby ass wipes will do it every time. Welcome and be sure to watch your language over here my man. "We serve hard drinks for hard working men around here and we dont need any characters hanging round the place"

Offline krusty the clown

• hell mann
  • Super Hero
  • beer drinker and hell raiser
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 04:50:11 AM »
interesting....... headscratch

Offline mikeyr

• My FIAT Dino website
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 08:28:46 AM »
 I have to admit I miss the traffic and the garage gallery and flooring sections over there but I have not been there in weeks now.  I was never banned but did not feel very welcome anymore.

My biggest complaint was lack of communication, they might have communicated to the person being banned but no one else and closed threads to easily/quickly.

Ok, I am going over to find this thread mentioned here :)
Proof that God wants us to ride motorcycles : if he wanted us to ride cars with 4 wheels, he would have given us 4 legs.  He gave us 2 legs so we could ride 2 wheels.
And for when we are not riding, there is always http://www.fornoclassico.com/

Offline goodfellow

• RestroLibrarian
  • Can use hammer
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 08:40:06 AM »
The only reason I still go over there is to lurk a little bit, but mostly to keep in contact with my old Virginia Garage Gang group -- we used to have a lot of fun, but some of the regulars have gone to places unknown.

EDIT: That begs the question to Rusty or Buck. Does SMF provide a "community" option as the GJ forum? I see no reason not to revive the Virginia Garage Gang (under a similar name) here on the GG. We do have a LOT of members that are located in Virginia and Maryland.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:38:05 PM by goodfellow »

Offline e-tek

• Resto-geek
    • E-tek Racing & Restorations
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 09:09:04 AM »
The only reason I still go over there is to lurk a little bit, but mostly to keep in contact with my old Virginia Garage Gang group -- we used to have a lot of fun, but some of the regulars have gone to places unknown.

EDIT: That begs the question to Rusty or Buck. Does SMF provide a "community" option as the GJ forum? I see no reason to revive the Virginia Garage Gang (under a similar name) here on the GG. We do have a LOT of members that are located in Virginia and Maryland.

Did you meanto say: "I see no reason NOT to revive..." ?  ???
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:39:03 PM by goodfellow »

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Can use hammer
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 10:05:26 AM »

EDIT: That begs the question to Rusty or Buck. Does SMF provide a "community" option as the GJ forum? I see no reason to revive the Virginia Garage Gang (under a similar name) here on the GG. We do have a LOT of members that are located in Virginia and Maryland.

Did you meanto say: "I see no reason NOT to revive..." ?  ???

A misprint I am sure. I will admit Ray, I do not know. I am all for it if it can be done. Let's see what Rusty says OK?  shrugx
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:38:25 PM by goodfellow »
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Steve

• Garage Bulletin
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 10:19:04 AM »
There is a modification available for Simple Machines to allow social groups.

Maybe someone can make a group called "True Senior Members". The group would be invitation only. It could be said that the members are the only worthwhile contributors to the forum.  ::)

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 10:19:04 AM »

Tags: