Author Topic: Westline wrench  (Read 931 times)

Offline john k

Westline wrench
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:58:03 PM »
I came up with a full tool box at a garage sale.   Lots of SK, Husky, Craftsman, about 35lbs worth.   In among the rusty dreck is an offset combination boxed chrome wrench,   looks  heavy like an old SK.   Westline===Forged in USA on the front, on the back 1/2 and 9/16====H4422.   Did not see anything about Westline in AA, am thinking Western Auto?   Anybody have a clue about who made it or sold it?

Offline lbgradwell

• Super Hero
Re: Westline wrench
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 10:07:51 PM »
Did not see anything about Westline in AA, am thinking Western Auto?

You're thinking correctly! Westline was a WA brand with known production by Duro & Vlchek...

Offline lauver

• King of Typos
  • Hunt and peck king
  • PROTO BetR-Grip Whore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:44:06 AM »
We need a picture here...

If the combo wrench is the one I'm guessing it is, it will have ((  )) markings on the beam.  This Wizard pattern looks very similar to the Proto wrenches with << >> markings on them.  This might suggest that the Wizard wrenches were made by Vlchek/Proto, although I am unsure what the timeframes for either the Wizard or Proto wrenches were.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:25:58 PM by lauver »
Member of PHARTS -  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline chopper1

• Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:24:43 AM »
Weren't Westline, Wizard and Westcraft all related under the Duro brand and sold by Western Auto?
mike

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you wth experience.

What an interesting story......Now it's my turn.  Once upon a time I didn't give a shit.  The End.

Offline john k

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 08:55:19 PM »
Here is a pic of the Westline  wrench,  read up on  Western Auto by Alloy Artifacts, but agree with the crowd here, is  a late offering by Western Auto. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:59:46 PM by john k »

Offline lauver

• King of Typos
  • Hunt and peck king
  • PROTO BetR-Grip Whore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »
john k,

OK, now that we have a photo, your Westline DBE wrench is not the pattern I was thinking it was.  So disregard my comment above.

Member of PHARTS -  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »

Tags: