Author Topic: Let's rebuild an 18v Ryobi/Worx/Skil battery pack - updated 12/21/2013  (Read 27085 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Site Owner/ Founding Spammer
  • Administrator
  • Knows nut from bolt
  • The name of my small shop is the Skunkworks!
Re: Let's rebuild an 18v Ryobi/Worx/Skil battery pack - updated 12/21/2013
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2018, 02:09:01 PM »
Thanks! I have the "newer Lithium". It's all I need,so I'll dump all the other ones.

Sounds like you could rebuild them following GF tutorial to convert them to Li. I was not dedicated enough to that myself and needed no more than two batteries anyway so I did dump mine.

You guys did the right thing. LI technology is so much better than NiCad and NMH -- it makes no sense going back and rebuilding. That said, in most all cases you'll also have to switch/buy new chargers to support the LI technology. I now have some LI packs for my Skil and Ryobi tools.

Problem is Skil is changing the pack design, and the new packs won't work in the old tools. Hence, once these LI packs can't be rebuilt anymore I'm out of the Skil line and switching to a more mainstream product line. I like my Skil stuff, but they are way behind the innovation and product diversity curve. The Hong Kong based Chinese company that now owns Skil has really brought that brand down into the gutter.

I forgot about the chargers being different. Ya, they are GF. Thank you for that reminder. I tossed out the batteries and the chargers.
You boys better hold on cause i'm gonna have to stand on it!

NEED A 1/2" BONNEY STREAMLINE COMBINATION AND ANY OVER 13/16" TOO!

Andrew Jackson quote: But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing.

The Garage Gazette

Re: Let's rebuild an 18v Ryobi/Worx/Skil battery pack - updated 12/21/2013
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2018, 02:09:01 PM »