Author Topic: stretching internet to the garage  (Read 347 times)

Offline Joker5906

stretching internet to the garage
« on: December 03, 2016, 05:42:57 PM »
so not sure if this is the correct area so I'm sorry if it's not but my gf likes to hang out with me when I'm in the garage if she can tinker on her tablet I want to try to stretch my internet connection out there I can take  6 steps outside the garage and get 1 bar the signal goes thru one wall a single line of pine trees and then probably 50ft to the garage. right now I'm currently using a 2yr old century link modem/router combo I  looked at boosters/repeaters and well id rather take care of the issue all at once I got 250 to spend...

so I'm thinking of either a new router (netgear nighthawk)  or burying a cable inside pvc to the garage and just putting a cheap router out in the garage but am hoping I can get some advice from someone who knows more then me cause I'm technology impaired lol.  huhwtw

Offline r_olson_06

Re: stretching internet to the garage
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 12:21:05 PM »
There should be a wireless router to reach that distance.  You could also bury a cable I would recommend an underground rated CAT5 or CAT6 espically if you live where the ground freezes.  Here is SD we have so many problems with water freezing in the conduit and breaking the cable.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Offline Joker5906

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 08:27:39 PM »
went to Walmart bought  a netgear r7000 nighthawk probably the best 200 I have ever spent   inside the house I have a 8mbps  out in the garage with door closed I get 2mbps I had nothing ant if I open the door I get 6mbps

The Garage Gazette

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 08:27:39 PM »

Tags: